High Sierra Adventure on the Dusy Ershim trail

Rusty762

Adventurer
When it comes to flats do you two practice 'share the spare'?

Funny you should ask, in the final phase of finishing up my rear tire carrier and custom cage/rack for the bed. Will post some pictures next month after I finish painting it. H1drivers (Black Rubicon) in the videos spare tire would not have fit my axles as they are a different pattern. I had an ARB patch kit, lots of bailing wire to sew up a sidewall if need be. We ran the trail a week before it closed and I had just finished the build and did not have the funds to buy a spare tire, plus did not have the room for it and was not going to let that keep me from visiting my old stomping grounds. Every vehicle I have owned has had a spare and this rig will be no exception.

Fyreman

Observer
It does not do "Chicken Rock" justice. Great vid makes me wanna go back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
Great video! I love the close up of the tire on the rock...very cool. Quad copter is pretty dang cool too. I've wanted to do the Rubicon for about 20 years and we plan to go next year. Mostly for the scenery but I'm not super pumped about the likelihood of crowds. The Dusy may be have to be the follow-up (or prelude?) to the Rubicon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles