High Sierra Adventure on the Dusy Ershim trail

Rusty762

Adventurer
This was a one week trip through the Dusy Ershim trail in the Sierra National forest. This trail is rated a 9 for difficulty, there are several hard spots but the rating comes mostly due to the length of the trail. You are traveling through a corridor in the wilderness, there is no tow truck to come get you out you need to be self sufficient and have a solid rig.

https://vimeo.com/76492538

Last edited:

KarmannMarco

Adventurer
Excellent video and videography. Love the music too..plays real well with the atmosphere. However at about 5:50 the video cuts off for me. Would love to see the rest.

jeremyk

Adventurer
Nice! Looks like a lot of fun. Planning on doing this one next summer~!

Great video, thanks for posting

Rusty762

Adventurer
Excellent video and videography. Love the music too..plays real well with the atmosphere. However at about 5:50 the video cuts off for me. Would love to see the rest.

Thank you, appreciate the kind words. You might try playing the video again, there are no breaks that I can find. I played it quite a bit before posting it to make sure there were no issues.

Nice! Looks like a lot of fun. Planning on doing this one next summer~!

Great video, thanks for posting

Thanks Jeremy, its a great trail!

The video is great, love those over head shots taken by the RC plan. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, the aerial shots were shot with a quad copter and gimbal.

deantac

Observer
Thanks for posting the video, yes it was nice to watch a video without having to turn off the music, i'm going to try and make that trip next summer.

concretejungle

Adventurer
Great video! Thank you for sharing, and i enjoyed the music very much!

Where is that trail in relation to the Rubicon? I drove out this summer from NC and wheeled the Rubicon. Had an amazing time and that area in the sierra nevada mountains is just amazing. Freezing at night and hot during the day.

Rusty762

Adventurer
Great video! Thank you for sharing, and i enjoyed the music very much!

Where is that trail in relation to the Rubicon? I drove out this summer from NC and wheeled the Rubicon. Had an amazing time and that area in the sierra nevada mountains is just amazing. Freezing at night and hot during the day.

Thank you!

Dusy Ershim is in the Sierra National forest, its about 6-7 hours south of the Rubicon. Even though they are both High Sierra trails, Ershim has some incredible Buttes, peaks and vistas, lakes and a feeling of isolation you do not experience on the Rubicon. Its not rare to not encounter other vehicles while on the trail.

pmatusov

AK6PM
Beautiful video, great music choice. I wish you did a bit of a voice-over, but it may just be fine for a 12-minute clip.
Thank you for posting - I'm driving the Dusy next Summer.

Rusty762

Adventurer
Beautiful video, great music choice. I wish you did a bit of a voice-over, but it may just be fine for a 12-minute clip.
Thank you for posting - I'm driving the Dusy next Summer.

Thank you, I thought about doing a voice over on some of the clips but had music and live audio and did not want it to congested. Next video project will be the Rubicon and Moab this summer! Have fun on your Ershim trip, I love that country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles