From Norway to Kola Peninsula, Russia

Berglid

Adventurer
Thanks. Alot more will follow;)

After we got to the other side, the roads were still narrow, except for some open fields.
DSCF3551.jpg

DSCF3558.jpg

Well I got a message on the radio, “Robin now you have a problem, it’s getting really narrow”. But I just turned up the music and at least I could not hear the bushes scratching my car..
IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

After a while the guide found another road, but it was a dead end. So the 60 series cars with the best protection had to push down some trees so we could turn around.
IMG_0952.jpg

We got back out on the highway, which was a gravel road, and followed it to a nearby village. There we went inside a small shop to buy some food. Here we had to tell the lady behind the counter what we wanted and then pay.
IMG_1621.jpg

We followed the road along the coast. We were supposed to arrive in a new town soon, and our camp was going to be in a small dessert. Here we passed a small lighthouse.
IMG_1622.JPG

Berglid

Adventurer
On our way to Varzuga we passed this small church/ temple. We were told that a man had found a dead person in the shore and he built this small church and buried him. Now people salute it and put candy offerings inside for good fish luck.
DSCF3561.jpg

We got back up on the main road and the speed was much faster. Soon after we arrived in Varzuga
IMG_1970.JPG

Varzuga and their churches
IMG_1628.jpg

Nice reading,

Just got the offer from Kola travel for next summer. But I think Frank needs to find some larger tracks because if your Toy didn't fit our Man trucks will not make it....

For us it will be a long trip , from Belgium ,trough Germany,Poland, the 3 baltic states, Crossing from Tallin to Helsinki,crossing the border at lake Lagonda and then drive up Murmansk.....from there to North Cape and back South.....

Grts

Berglid

Adventurer
My toyota is 230cm wide. There were alot of nice tracks that we could have taken. Not sure why Frank took these. The last days, wich I will come to soon, we could drive two cars in the width

RRC_diesel

Excelent trip report, thanks for sharing. Inspiring to see a fellow norwegian checking out the eastern neighbour :) some day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier