Mt Whitney Trip Report - 6 months in the Making

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Some of you may have been wondering where our trips reports have been lately? Well this is the reason why...

mlx1.jpg

http://www.adventureduo.com/2013/10/the-mt-whitney-challenge.html

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Great adventure. My wife and I did Whitney in 2000. It snowed on us too as we neared the summit. At the top we could see only about 30' and that was it in the wind and snow. One of our fondest hiking memories. Hope you make it in 2014.

meatblanket

Adventurer
Nice pics, you had a beautiful day there!

Not trying to nitpick but Whitney is the highest peak in the lower 48. Mt. McKinley in Alaska is over a mile higher.

I hiked that route on Whitney in August of 2004 and it was nearly a cloudless day. Guess I got lucky.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Nice pics, you had a beautiful day there!

Not trying to nitpick but Whitney is the highest peak in the lower 48. Mt. McKinley in Alaska is over a mile higher.

I hiked that route on Whitney in August of 2004 and it was nearly a cloudless day. Guess I got lucky.

I can nitpick one better: You can hike Whitney but you will never hike McKinley, LOL!

Great job Dave! You avoided getting classic summit fever and stayed safe and uninjured. All of the pictures were great!

stioc

Expedition Leader
And here I thought you guys somehow drove the cruisah up to Whitney only to find there wasn't a single pic of it! Just kidding Dave, what a great accomplishment, congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles