Which rtt is the easiest to open and close by one person?

Jevy

Adventurer
Hey everyone. I'm again thinking about trying another rtt for the top of my m416 trailer. I had a cvt tent and quite frankly it was too much of a hassle to set up and take down. I'm looking for something that will hold two adults and be extremely easy to put up and take down. I'm thinking about a magnolia extreme but didn't know of any other companies would be suggested given those parameters. I'm not saying cost isn't an issue but comfort and ease of set up are my number one concern.

mvbeggs

Adventurer
Eezi Awn Globetrotter +1

Can't say which RTT is easiset, because I've only owned one.

I had the Eezi Awn Globetrotter on my Adventure Trailer Chaser. I've setup, and taken down, this tent too many times to count.

Including taking off the cover, it takes about 5 minutes to put up. Breaking down, including putting the cover back on, takes about 10 minutes. It actually takes longer to take the cover on and off, than to deploy the tent. To deploy you simply grab some tent material and pull, tent is deployed. I usually climb inside and pull the support bar to stow.

You can see a video deploying the tent here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MPpSzZMVPI
BTW, this video doesn't show inserting the spring arms for the window shade materail nor does it allow time for staking down the sidewalls (min 6 reqd) or tent guy lines (2 total).

Good luck on your search, but I highly recommend the Globetrotter.

Abitibi

Explorer
I've had the typical RTT similar to the one posted above on my M101 trailer for a few years. Although easy enough to deploy and at the low end of the budget it would take me about 3 minutes to set it up and 5 or more to store it back. The zipper for the protective cover got a beating every time I spent too much time in sandy and windy place. It also got very noisy in windy condition, enough to bother me and my neighbors....

yja8eqeh.jpg

I now have a Autohome Airtop. It takes me under 30 sec to set it up, less than 2 to take it down and it's not only faster but way easier! It's pricier but the quality of material is very obvious. I'd never go back to my first model...

8ypehequ.jpg

Cheers
Mr. D

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
RTT

I have the OVERCAMP and it is very quick to deploy. Another great thing abut this tent is that it only takes up half a roof rack.

Attachments

• Mill'sCanyonTrip051.jpg
    Mill'sCanyonTrip051.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Mill'sCanyonTrip064.jpg
    Mill'sCanyonTrip064.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 33

JKJenn

Adventurer
I have an ARB Pilbarra and deploying it only takes a minute or so but packing it up is a pain by yourself. If it is going on your roof, I think the Autohome tents look to be a lot easier. My cover is heavy enough to be awkward as I toss one part from one side of the JK to the other and difficult to zip up. I will say, it is significantly easier to deal with on my trailer, at a comfortable reach, but the zipper is still a pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles