Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

mbryson

Observer
I get that Italian Jeep thinks this is a neat car.....styling alone makes me not interested. There's some interesting ideas in there but that doesn't seem like a Jeep to me. Jeeps have always seemed "simple". That thing is far from simple. Innovative? Possibly? For what the bulk of buyers use an SUV for, it may be ideal? From the styling ques and the complex electronics for that rig, I'll pass.

(not liking some of the stupid stuff on my 2012 JKU as I don't think it really adds to the rig at all....Mine's a Sport on purpose....would like to strip out the ESC, $200 key/FOB and just have the engine run "normal" vs. the VVT stuff....)

SamM

Adventurer
For 35K, it's a vehicle for soccer moms. Anyone that really wants a Jeep will buy a Wrangler for that kind of money.

rockwood

Adventurer
Trust a car where they can't get the software to work right?
They built thousands and can't fix them or figure it out.

haven

Expedition Leader
ExPo participants may have reservations about the Cherokee, but Jeep expects to sell as many Cherokees worldwide as they sell Wranglers today - assuming they can figure out the software that controls the new 9 speed automatic transmission!

Reactions to the styling are generally positive when you see one in person. The Cherokee is about the same size as a Subaru Outback wagon, and it's aimed at the same sort of customer - someone who wants a safe, all road, all weather transport. If you want to drive where there is no road, buy a Wrangler.

mbryson

Observer
..... If you want to drive where there is no road, buy a Wrangler.

Please don't build your own roads, at least here in UT.

I did see a new Cherokee in person at EJS 2013. My opinion stands. I did just buy a new car. Bought a Wrangler Unlimited but WANTED a Grand Cherokee. Found the Grand Cherokee lacking what I was after in some regards and the Wrangler lacking in others. Settled on the Wrangler. My point is that I think there is still a market for a solid axle (or at least not car-based) SUV out there.

(Still want a rig built like the Jeep Rescue concept ....)

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Please don't build your own roads, at least here in UT.

I did see a new Cherokee in person at EJS 2013. My opinion stands. I did just buy a new car. Bought a Wrangler Unlimited but WANTED a Grand Cherokee. Found the Grand Cherokee lacking what I was after in some regards and the Wrangler lacking in others. Settled on the Wrangler. My point is that I think there is still a market for a solid axle (or at least not car-based) SUV out there.

(Still want a rig built like the Jeep Rescue concept ....)

There is still a market for one for sure, and you bought it! BTW, you never just settle with a wrangler, your privlaged to own one! ha ha!

Best rig I have ever owned is my JKU.

mbryson

Observer
There is still a market for one for sure, and you bought it! BTW, you never just settle with a wrangler, your privlaged to own one! ha ha!

Best rig I have ever owned is my JKU.

My other car is this....
030%20(Small).JPG
and I didn't really need another trail rig. Would have been nice to have something somewhat trailworthy (say a Jeep Rescue?) that could tow (thus, why I was looking at the Grand Cherokee that I was pretty disappointed in)....

So far, my JKU hasn't exactly been stellar in the maint. dept. Let's say I've been happy for the warranty

kojackJKU

I have had one issue with mine, the torque converter. other that no issues...I have 110k on my 2011. and love it...You are describing something the cherokee was never designed to do...I dont understand your complaints considering the cherokee was never intended to be what your describing. you need a FSJ! go find one and be very happy!

mbryson

Observer
....You are describing something the cherokee was never designed to do...I dont understand your complaints considering the cherokee was never intended to be what your describing. you need a FSJ! go find one and be very happy!

"New" Cherokee is just not the right concept for Jeep in my opinion. Seems like a solution looking for a problem. I tried out the WKII and was QUITE disappointed with what it's turned out to be. To me the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee are just not where I'd like Jeep to go. A modern FSJ would be awesome. Sign me up! I'm not taking an older one and restoring it, though. Tired of projects and certainly don't want a project for a daily driver (which is what I use my JKU for)

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
I saw one of these being tested. Had a huge laptop monitor staring at the driver. Overall, it looks good (except the headlights) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381939347.771829.jpg

kojackJKU

"New" Cherokee is just not the right concept for Jeep in my opinion. Seems like a solution looking for a problem. I tried out the WKII and was QUITE disappointed with what it's turned out to be. To me the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee are just not where I'd like Jeep to go. A modern FSJ would be awesome. Sign me up! I'm not taking an older one and restoring it, though. Tired of projects and certainly don't want a project for a daily driver (which is what I use my JKU for)

I think a classic FSJ with a hemi and drivetrain transplant would be awesome. and easily do able too!

mbryson

Observer
I think a classic FSJ with a hemi and drivetrain transplant would be awesome. and easily do able too!

Find me a turn key one with GM powertrain and I'm somewhat interested depending on price. I'm not sure that I trust Chrysler at all after having an '04 2500 Cummins and now my 2012 Wrangler.... Wrangler will need to shape up or it's on the way out the door. Here's for hoping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior