JacksonRally 2006 V8 4Runner

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Been awhile since I have updated over here. Been pretty busy these last few months. New job, new baby and trying to scrounge a few hours here and there to work on the 4Runner. Getting ready for a little trip out to Cal City and the Red Rock Canyon/Jawbone Canyon area in a few weeks. Made a few purchases lately, but still have not welded on the sliders.

Purchased a Raingler 4th Gen cargo/pet barrier.

I went ahead and installed 6mm nutserts instead of self tapping screws for the mid mounts.

Installed Bilstein 5100's front and rear. Front at 2.5'' lift and paired the rear with Icon 2'' lift coils.

Finally got new tires last week. 285/75/16 BFG AT's

Rear clears well but front will require a little trimming of the fender liner.

front

rear

And increase the front approach angle a bit.

I am half way through building the rear bumper. Plan is to mount spare, hi-lift and aux fuel on the rear bumper. After that is a roof rack and real skid plates.

chmura

Adventurer
Rig looks good with the new tires!

You might want to set the caster to max degrees in the front. My front wheels when tucked never touch the fender like that. Also i'm far away from the body mount so never needed to chop it.

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Found time to weld the sliders on. I also made a new windsheild washer fluid reservoir because I did not like how I could see the factory one hanging down after my bumper mods.

Sliders

Washer reservoir

Fill cap I need to weld on still

jnelson4x4taco

Adventurer
That bumper looks great! Any chance you have pics of the way you built the mounts and/or any other parts you had to fab? I am looking to build a very similar design for the front and rear of my 04, and love how clean yours came out. Also, beautiful work on the washer reservoir, those welds are unbelievable! Lets say someone (me) didn't have that kind of skill, is there a way to relocate the stock unit?

JacksonRally

Adventurer
That bumper looks great! Any chance you have pics of the way you built the mounts and/or any other parts you had to fab? I am looking to build a very similar design for the front and rear of my 04, and love how clean yours came out. Also, beautiful work on the washer reservoir, those welds are unbelievable! Lets say someone (me) didn't have that kind of skill, is there a way to relocate the stock unit?

I do not have any photos. I still need to remove and paint so I will take photos when I do that.

Im sure it is possible to relocate the factory reservoir but I did not even try. The filler is pretty long but can be removed which makes the overall unit shorter. This may give you a chance to fit it above the apron panel similar to where I mounted the new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz