JacksonRally 2006 V8 4Runner

JacksonRally

Adventurer
EXPO, this is all your fault :)

63,xxx miles
Removed running boards, hood air deflector and splash guards (trimmed rear guards to keep filler piece at rear bumper)
2 previous owners, originally a California car but did spend 2 years in Indiana.
And the best part...4lo is not working. Called dealer and it is under warranty.

CMiller

Adventurer
Ahh! another fellow Subaru friend fell to the 4Runner!!! COngrats on the truck, you will love it!!

olsen_karl

Adventurer
Good thing that transfer case is under warranty -- apparently this is common if 4lo is not engaged somewhat regularly: the transfer case actuator siezes up. From what I have read on the T4R forum, this requires a t-case teardown and replacement of the actuator unit; it cannot be removed without pulling the case. Expensive.

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Good thing that transfer case is under warranty -- apparently this is common if 4lo is not engaged somewhat regularly: the transfer case actuator siezes up. From what I have read on the T4R forum, this requires a t-case teardown and replacement of the actuator unit; it cannot be removed without pulling the case. Expensive.

Yeah I started to research it and found that actuator rebuild thread on T4R. Then called the dealer and it is under warranty. My guess is that it never saw 4lo use. It even took a few to get the center diff to lock and from my understanding when one is showing signs of corrosion the other is not far behind.

chmura

Adventurer
Congrats!

The previous owner probably never engaged 4LO. Its important to exercise the 4LO actuator every month.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Yea I got sucked into the 4runner world recently also, great looking truck. I didn't hear about the 4lo issue before but mine went into 4lo fine so hopefully it will be ok since I'll be using it every once in a while now.

Last edited:

BenMara

Asian Redneck
WOW now that a User i havent seen since i left DirtyImpreza
miss reading about that WRX wagon of yours

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Thanks guys. I cannot wait to recoup some funds to get some goodies for the 4Runner. First thing is to get the 4lo sorted out. The center diff lock took a minute to acutally lock when I first pressed it. From my understanding these are part of the same module. So I can assume it got some moisture in there and was never used.

JacksonRally

Adventurer
I guess I'll post up my wish list. Ill be buying parts bit by bit

-Icon longer travel front coilovers
-Icon uca
-Icon rear lift springs
-Icon rear shocks
-Probably go with BFG at's, I seem to run these on everything

Parts I wil build
-Skid plates
-Sliders
-Roof rack