security for my bike...?

Raw7s

Adventurer
I live in an apartment complex, and my bike is currently being stored in my parent's garage in a neighboring town. I have a TW200, which only weighs 280 lbs. Even if I did lock up a wheel or disable the bike somehow, two guys could load it into a truck, and worry about the lock back at their garage. So my question is, what would be the best way to secure my bike? I'm thinking I'll park it under the stairs, where there is a vertical post(6x6) cemented into the floor and upper deck. There is also a horizontal wooden rail(3x4?) but it is only nailed into the vertical posts. I live in a town that was voted top 10 places to live in the country, we have almost no crime, but just in case. I don't want to be on here writing a thread about my bike getting stolen.

Is a cable best? or a basic heavy chain and pad lock? Or is there something else?

kchristian

Adventurer
I live in an apartment complex, and my bike is currently being stored in my parent's garage in a neighboring town. I have a TW200, which only weighs 280 lbs. Even if I did lock up a wheel or disable the bike somehow, two guys could load it into a truck, and worry about the lock back at their garage. So my question is, what would be the best way to secure my bike? I'm thinking I'll park it under the stairs, where there is a vertical post(6x6) cemented into the floor and upper deck. There is also a horizontal wooden rail(3x4?) but it is only nailed into the vertical posts. I live in a town that was voted top 10 places to live in the country, we have almost no crime, but just in case. I don't want to be on here writing a thread about my bike getting stolen.

Is a cable best? or a basic heavy chain and pad lock? Or is there something else?

If someone wants your bike, it's theirs. Trust me... I know from experience. Pay a couple bucks extra for comprehensive and sleep easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles