Sold my NAS Defender 110 for a 2014 Jeep Rubicon

HeliNomad

Adventurer
Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep offers a 1 million mile extended warranty for 3K dollars. The paperwork actually states 999 months or 999,999 miles. A good friend told me about the warranty and I asked about during the purchase of my 2013 Jeep Sahara MOAB. Best money I've ever spent. It includes a rental, if my Jeep ever breaks down. They do not advertise this warranty. You have to ask them about it they will not offer it to you. Depending on the dealer, they may even tell you it's not available. Trust me, it is available! There is a $100 deductible if there is an issue but it is only collected once a year, not for each issue. Nice!

I plan to keep my Jeep stock, with the only additions being a winch in my stock AEV winch bumper, an AEV tire carrier, AEV snorkel and a Gobi roof rack. None of this will effect my warranty.

SamM

Great information thank you for sharing. I'll call about it ASAP.

SamM

Adventurer
Glad I could help! I hope it works out for you as well as it did for me. I figure that the warranty cost about the same as a transmission rebuild. I now never have to worry about my 5-speed auto ever being rebuilt and costing me an arm and a leg. It's their baby for the next 83 years. My 19 year old daughter is looking at Wranglers now. She wants one with the extended warranty. Sadly, the warranty is not transferable. It's just for the original purchaser.

SamM

goin camping

Explorer
Glad I could help! I hope it works out for you as well as it did for me. I figure that the warranty cost about the same as a transmission rebuild. I now never have to worry about my 5-speed auto ever being rebuilt and costing me an arm and a leg. It's their baby for the next 83 years. My 19 year old daughter is looking at Wranglers now. She wants one with the extended warranty. Sadly, the warranty is not transferable. It's just for the original purchaser.

SamM

Read your warranty carefully. You need to bring it into the dealership every couple of years to be looked at to keep the warranty in effect.

SamM

Adventurer
They see it every 4000 miles when they change the oil. For $500, the lifetime oil changes was a deal too.

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
Thanks Sam,

I have my dealer keep my rig up to par as well. I did not realize such a warranty could be had. I too have been smitten by the newly designed Jeep Bug! My wife and I went in intending to only get a free oil change and tire rotation bouncy bouncy into the shop in our 04 black Rubi we went, only to see the below Call of Duty edition rolling off the auto delivery truck...

IMGP1740.jpg

Watching it unload, the wife immediately commented if you really really want it, go for it, we ain't gettin any younger... and so we did. I too am satisfied with how the rig came from the factory. Even the 32's. I sometimes just hop in the thang and go for a drive in and around my city, something we did alot in my more youthful years. Back when $2.50 worth of Terrible Herps fuel lasted most of the night well into the next days outtings.

IMG_0394.jpg

SamM

Adventurer
That's an awesome Jeep, Garbinator. It's a lot like my MOAB. Same color even. I honestly love driving it. It's worlds better than my former TJ. I'll post a picture when I get a chance.

SamM

patsfan

Observer
Thanks for the encouragement. Here is a photo of the Defender:
photo.JPG

photo10.jpg

As for the Jeep I still haven't received it up...sadly my local dealer screwed up the order and the truck was missing half the options he said it had. They gave me back the money and I am now working with a great AEV dealership in Colorado who has exactly what I want but in Billet Silver and can build in the AEV components for me. I actually really like the Billet so I am happy. I don't think it will look too bad in front of my white chaser trailer. What do y'all think?

WOW! that's the best looking rig I have ever seen.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
that trailer will look great behind any JK! good job on the new rig, even though the old rig was very very nice. I think you will love the JK!

Plus one...

That Defender is the cats meeow.... Very, very nice rig.

I cannot stress how important it is to reinforce the C's on the JK's. They are very susceptible to bending, particularly if going to larger tires.

Good luck with your new purchase.

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
I think he meant C&B actually...

When one yanks-off the factories, and replaces em with 37X15 inch tires along with a tall Boy suspension get-up==Equals==CRACK & Bend

But thats just my summation is all.

<<<

HeliNomad

Adventurer
What are "C's"?

What part is C's referring to? It is my understanding that the AEV JK350 setup with 35"s is one of the most trail tested set ups on the market. I know first hand that AT Overland has built and tested this kit extensively. If they would have thought that anything beyond the standard JK350 set up with RS needed to be changed or reinforced I'm sure they would have told me or tried to sell it to me. Can you explain?

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
Be aware, factory warranty can be effected even nullified just as I was informed after purchasing my Jeep. Read fine print. But, each his own I say.

Do what makes you happy and brings you joy while Jeeping this country!

<><>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles