Cooking with griddle on a propane grill?

AndrewP

Explorer
How about something like this:

DeathValley%20287-L.jpg

That's a carbon steel griddle, and for more Expo content, it's Spressomon's breakfast!

ANd no pesky needle valves to mess up with the increased heat.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
^ yes I can confirm that is a very nice griddle indeed! That is the only thing I don't like about the Partner stove...the pesky o-rings...geez sounds close to PHH :D

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Ahhh, The ol' Island Grillstone. How do you like it?

Cam

I'll let you know, haven't used it yet!

We have a very small grill, and I've been looking for a griddle that will fit with no success. This is small enough to fit and I've heard good things. I like that you flip it over every time to clean it!

Honu

lost on the mainland
Quit using cast iron after getting my partner steel griddle :)

Love it easier to maintain no worries of rust etc...

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
My dad and his friend just picked up a smoker made out of an old propane tank that runs on propane and it has a big thick chunk of 1/4 inch plate for a griddle that is removable. They haven't tried it yet but I'm sure its awesome.

Honu

lost on the mainland
just remember the partner if the griddle covers it will create o ring issues
partner says if using a griddle that covers the stove top use some metal bars to raise it so some heat can escape :) so keep that in mind if you get it and it covers the whole thing

Was thinking of this for use with my 22" Partner stove...anyone used one before? I kind of like that its not cast iron, might have to use a diffuser with it.

Little Griddle SQ180
511CTiw5eXL._SY300_.jpg
5152l5NgX5L._SX522_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HQHBSQ...=UTF8&colid=GIKOJ3AHLT44&coliid=IJ3XWZEC72BBM

Wilyone

Observer
Thanks for the heads up, says it measures 18" and I have the 22" Partner, hoping there is enough room to breath.

I just got my Partner Steel 18" stove in the mail. I went into a used sporting goods store here in town called the practical outdoorsman and he had this Emeril reversible cast iron enameled grill/griddle. It was new in the wrapper in the box. Only $23.00. It looks like it will fit very well on the PS stove, nor will it cover the burners. It ain't huge, but it's just me mostly, so good enough. Now I can "grill" on my stove and use the other burner for something else. The only and major dislike is that's it's made in China. Boooo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 47

402xjeeper

Observer
I use a lodge cast iron reversal griddle on my Coleman stove, portable gas grill, open fire, or any thing else hot. Iron evens out and transfers heat best. Removing defuse helps if searing ahi tuna or steak.

Honu

lost on the mainland

congrats and keep us posted what ya think :)
for me love the easy clean up throw some water in there bring back to boil is what I tend to do if its really messy then move around with something to scrape off usually goes quick dump and wipe out basically :)

spressomon

Expedition Leader
FWIW I seasoned my PS aluminum griddle (oil and salt method is my preference) and it amped up to a nice near PTFE surface. Worth the little bit of time and couple $...

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah its not going to flex or bend or come apart for sure :)
also nice cause the heat at least on mine is nice and even to do things
for me at least I also get that flavor and browning with it still

how did it clean up for ya ?

Honu

lost on the mainland
wipe and use peanut oil like I do with the woks and never have sticking issues :) dont use the salt ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94