Blue Ridge Overland Gear - Review - Soft Bags

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Blue Ridge Overland Gear -- www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com

Oct. 20, 2013

Hi Everyone,

I came across Blue Ridge Overland Gear the other day while surfing the web. I was excited that they produced several items that I had been looking for and to top it off they were priced right. So I thought I would give you a personal review of the items I purchased. A huge plus is that they will do custom work. So here are some of the items I have purchased and in due time a few other custom ones that I am having made.

Enjoy!

Justin

Last edited:

Gear

Blue Ridge Overland Gear - Basic Map Case

So I have been searching for a map case for my oversized Gazetteer's for a while now. Up untill this point I have just shoved them in between the console and the front passenger seat. Well that has taken a toll on the maps over the years. So when I spotted this simple yet effective case I decided to give it a try.

A simple case that holds 2 Delorme Gazetteer's.

Plus it has a large Velcro area in the front for patches or they sell a small Velcro bag for pencils/dividers/ruler. Lightly padded and smooth on the back. Priced right at $20.00.

Should solve my Gazetteer problems for years to come! Now I just need to purchase a few new atlases.

www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com

Last edited:

Gear

Blue Ridge Overland Gear - First Aid Kit

Next came the First Aid Kit. I'm no EMT, but I know I should have something on board just incase someone cuts there finger. Over the years I have tried large medical kits. Stored under the rear seat of the Jeep only to have the contents broken when I put the seat down. Then I moved to a Pelican 1400 case. This solved the crushing factor, but I never could find a good permanent place for the large box. Plus I have come to the conclusion that I was carrying way more than I needed nor knew how to use. So this bag from Blue Ridge Overland Gear caught me eye.

First Aid Kit - Simple 8"x6"x3" soft sided clam shell bag with ID.

Back of the bag shows the red handle and the Velcro patches. This bag is designed to be Velcroed in place. I plan to use there Headrest Velcro Kit.

Inside I purchased two extra smaller bags to separate the contents. Plus they can be removed for easy access. They are 4"x6".

Some small pockets for storing items.

Here are the bags removed from the center divider. Simple Velcro has them held in place. Inside these I put medicine, tweezers, thermometer, sun screen, etc.

The back side of the divider has room for scissors and is also removable.

The center divider has a storage spot as well. Good for quickly accessing gloves.

I stash the Sam Splint on one side and the larger gauze pads on the other.

I am looking forward to having this kit in the Jeep. It should be more then sufficient for my knowledge of medical training.

Gear

Blue Ridge Overland Gear - 40 oz Hydro Flask Pouch

Blue Ridge Overland Gear - Hydro Flask 40 oz Pouch

Here is another item that I have been searching for, a pouch to hold a Hydro Flask 40 oz bottle. I've had this bottle for a couple of years now and it does not fit in the cup holders of my Jeep. So this will come in handy to keep this large projectile secure while driving down the road. I've also got an idea to try and mount it to my front rack of my Moonlander(fat tire bicycle).

Last edited:

Gear

-- Edlaffoon - That is simply awesome!

I love your organization. Out of curiosity do you have a supplier to have custom nametape made?

IMG_8969.jpg

Last edited:

thatguysgarage

Observer

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
-- Edlaffoon - That is simply awesome!

I love your organization. Out of curiosity do you have a supplier to have custom nametape made?

Well looks like Blue Ridge Overland gear has made the job that much easier. I'd venture a bet they could set you up with what you need. :)

And to thatguysgarage thanks man! That is really standup of you. I love you new lineup, some really innovative and well priced pieces there.

I have to ask, there are a LOT of people in my circle that have visited your site since I sent them the link this week asking me 'do you think they will make that stuff in tan?'

Seems to me that tan leather is the Overlander's interior of choice. Any chance that may be an option?

Gear

Blue Ridge Overland Gear - Headrest Panel

I received another package today from Blue Ridge Overland Gear. In it was a Velcro Headrest Panel for my First Aid Kit. Same great quality and very reasonable pricing.

The Headrest Panel with the First Aid Kit

Closeup of the stitching. Well Made and in the USA.

Installed on the rear headrest of my Jeep Rubicon. Perfect!!!

http://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/Hook-and-Loop-Head-Rest-panel-p/21hrv8x18.htm

Gear

Blue Ridge Overland Gear - Sneak Peak

I am heading off to the SoCal Mountain Rendezvous in a couple of days and was excited to see my custom bag had arrived from Blue Ridge Overland Gear. Can you spot it?

Adventure Trailer Chaser #15 packed and ready.

Review to come. Once I'm back from the rendezvous.

Gear

I'm also curious if tan can be an option. Would look real good with my tan leather interior.

Might be worth emailing them to see about the color options. I am lucky, because my interior is black. Here is their email address:

threadshed@blueridgeoverlandgear.com

How many map books does the map case hold ?

The Basic Map Case holds 2 of the large atlases. You might be able to squeeze a third in there.

http://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/Map-Pouch-p/21tms.htm

An alternative would be their Trip Planning Bag.

http://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/Trip-Planning-Bag-p/21tpb.htm

Just a reminder, I do not work for Blue Ridge Overland Gear. I am just a happy customer who likes to promote quality products!

thatguysgarage

Observer
Well looks like Blue Ridge Overland gear has made the job that much easier. I'd venture a bet they could set you up with what you need. :)

And to thatguysgarage thanks man! That is really standup of you. I love you new lineup, some really innovative and well priced pieces there.

I have to ask, there are a LOT of people in my circle that have visited your site since I sent them the link this week asking me 'do you think they will make that stuff in tan?'

Seems to me that tan leather is the Overlander's interior of choice. Any chance that may be an option?

That is a yes on the Tan. we are doing a limited run now that will be up on the sight in a week or so. We should have most of the line ready by middle of Dec.

I was Planning on having the tan gear ready sooner but we have been working on tool roles and I really need to get them nailed down or they are going to drive me crazzy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne