Wife Says I Bring Too Much Beer Camping

Caduceus

Adventurer
1/2 a case per day.....yes, that's too much beer.

Yeah, that's pushing alcoholic territory. Some guidelines say > 4 drinks/week or >4 drinks/drinking session correlated to alcoholism. More realistically, what happens when you stop? Shakes, cravings, etc? Then, yeah, you are.

So, she may have a point, if you're tossing back a 6-pack every night.

Dawgboy

Adventurer
Stones overhyped. I think Coronado is wannabe stone, Monkey Paw is really very good, was drinking the cream ale last weekend , srsly, that's some yum. Also that little symptom ale is great stuff

But for the road, I am looking for, cans and generally go for highlife as my rock bottom fyb. I do also like Tecate in the can, I come from the same watershed... You can also make a pretty good Black and Tan with a can of Guinness draught and a can of highlife. I truly detest MGD, btw...

Brought to you by Cyberdyne Systems

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
OK, the beer thing has been covered...

How much weed do you bring...???...Washington and Colorado residents only...

jscusmcvet

Explorer
You can also make a pretty good Black and Tan with a can of Guinness draught and a can of highlife.

Outstanding idea. Never even thought about that. I suppose you could use whatever "favorite" lager, pilsner, ale to be the tan. Great idea because you can now find Guinness in a can pretty much anywhere.
Thanks for the tip
John

lysol

Explorer
Alcoholic territory? Really? I am a Full-Time student at Penn State University as well as work a Full-Time job. I think I deserve half-a-case of beer to myself when camping. :coffeedrink:

Awkragt

Adventurer
4 drinks a night is about right. I like to mix it up. Wine, Whisky, Nice Beer, Cheap Beer, Cider.

I stuff Coors into every nook and cranny as the backup plan.

Hafwit

Adventurer
Has anyone come up with a mini-keg (2-3 gallons) setup with a jockey box that is compact and durable for overland travel? That would be the ticket for homebrewers in my opinion. Alternatively, I'd like to do the same with a growler (or 2) for purchased beer. Ideas?

Cheers,
Greg

java

Expedition Leader
Has anyone come up with a mini-keg (2-3 gallons) setup with a jockey box that is compact and durable for overland travel? That would be the ticket for homebrewers in my opinion. Alternatively, I'd like to do the same with a growler (or 2) for purchased beer. Ideas?

Cheers,
Greg

Greg id be interested to see this too!

Growlers go flat too fast IMO. When i was visiting Russia, they had a cool system, like growlers sort of. An empty 1 gal "pop bottle" style with screw on lid. Thin plastic walls, they would squish as much air as possible out, screw into the "tap" then equalize the pressure inside the bottle with that in the keg. Then fill with beer through the same tap. It was awesome, it keeps the beer from foaming when filling and pressurizes the bottle so it stay carbonated. Had never seen anything like it before, the beer kept for days without losing carb.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Speaking from some past experience at college cabin parties, if you shake up a keg too much the beer will be foamy as all get-out. Possibly some sort of cushioning system could be contrived to prevent this happening on the trail.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The sky can't be too blue.
Girls can't be too pretty.
Your truck can never have too much torque.
You will never get back too much tax refund.
And you can't take too much beer camping.

Bronco bobby

Observer
I plan for 3-4 strong tall beers. Something in the 6-8.5 percent range. Any more than that and I forget who I am. Plus I only have one friend who likes the same types of beer so I don't have to worry about supplying others. All my other friends and family are bud light and silver bullet drinkers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne