yellow sea 255/100 r16 xzl copies

mymorph

hi, has any1 here had any experience with the yellow sea YS20 tyre - the Michelin XZL copy 255/100 r16. Ideally looking for a review of someone who has used these tyres before making a purchase.

many thanks

Darwin

Explorer
I started a thread about this exact tire in the domestic full size forum, a pissing match ensued about skinny vs. wide tires etc. I am still looking for opinions on this tire so if you find any please share. I was thinking about these tires on a dually.

mymorph

we want to use them on a landrover 101, original xzl's released by the british army are in short supply and Michelin want a lot ££s for new ones. so ideally would like to hear from someone who has used these Chinese copies. I think I saw your previous thread Darwin... whilst searching for info

from what I understand they might not have any side wall steel ply? so im wondering if they might not be rigid enough?

Bed Bug

Sorry posted elsewhere and now found this thread :oops:!

I import and sell the YS20 in the UK. I was initially arranging a group buy through the club I once belonged to but once a deal was emerging' enthusiasm got replaced with apprehension and people started to back off , deciding they needed to know wear details and more stuff. I offered the import deal to the club who never got back to me either way. So, it was never going to happen, I don't blame them, at then end of the day you have to be quite speculative to stump up a grand + on a set of tyres no ones ever seen and one wasn't to know if you would ever see them.

I've sold around 200, I use them myself , probably 30 to 40 are on my friends Land rovers.

Theres a pic below of two lots going to Scotland.

If you need any info please let me know.

metric size
255/100 R16

imperial Size
9 x 16 9.00 x r16

Radial tyre.

Regroovable

Use tubed or tubeless.

Designed to work on a split rim or traditional.

This is CE approved E Marked . I have a copy of the certificate

Not retreaded or regrooved.

Weight: 80lbs each

Load Rating and Speed 124/126K

8 Ply Tyre,

Steel ply Wall & Tread.

Twin tyre dually capability rating.

This tyre has a very stiff beading and your if your not fitting on a split rim , your tyre bay needs a good quality machine to fit the tyre.The Carcass is noticeably thicker under the tread.

PS sorry for the other post. Steve

ys20sx2.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior