For those considering 255/85/16s...ST/MAXX is coming soon

Ranchero

Wanderer
For those considering 255/85/16s... I just got this email from Cooper Tire in my response to questions about ST/MAXX availability in 285/75/16 and 255/85/16 sizes:

"We currently have about 3700 tires on back order, and are producing over 1000 tires per week. So it looks like about four to five weeks out for stock, if the dealer ordered them now. The LT255/85R16 size (in ST/MAXX) will be available in the November to December 2013 time frame. Thanks, Les"

psykokid

Explorer
Very nice, good to see tire mfg's making more tires in that size. It's no good when I can count the number of tires available in that size on one hand..

1stDeuce

Explorer
Heard they were also coming out with a 255/85/17. Not sure how true that rumor is.

Pretty sure I spread that rumor after talking to them last year at the SEMA show. Per that conversation, we should have been able to buy 255's about 9 months ago... I think the selling of Cooper to an overseas company got in the way. If they do come out with the sizes we're looking for, we can all switch to complaining about how expensive the Maxx's are compared to the AT3. :)

98GP

Observer
good news... I hope it can support an Excursion. I need to replace my e-rated tires and have been eyeing the ST Maxx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000