Expedition Seat Covers

Clark White

Explorer
I couldn't tell you who makes them, but I have seen some strong looking canvas seat covers in places like Auto Zone. They have bungie netting down the sides for stuffing gloves or the like. Again, I don't know who makes them or what quality they are, but I have seen them in a few jeeps and they look good.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Overland Hadley said:
Have you looked at Wet Okole?

Wet Okole's look nice but are way expensive. I think they are on the order of $200+.

I was looking at Wet Okole for my taco since I can't get the generic kind to fit my 1/3 - 2/3 split bench but I think instead I'll just try to swap in some bucket seats.

TJVach

Observer
Clark White said:
I couldn't tell you who makes them, but I have seen some strong looking canvas seat covers in places like Auto Zone. They have bungie netting down the sides for stuffing gloves or the like. Again, I don't know who makes them or what quality they are, but I have seen them in a few jeeps and they look good.

Could these be them?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14260_309.htm

On the Wet Okole topic. There have been complaints that they start to smell after a while, but that is all through the grape vine so it could be incorrect.

You could try Bestop Covers they hold up very well about $100.00 a pair through a number of "Jeeper" websites (ie. Quadratec, 4wd.com, etc.) They have been known to hold up well but they are vinyl so it gets to be a "sticky" situation in the summertime. Other than that try just a universal seat cover from Autozone or the like. Good luck

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
I've been drooling over those Melvin and Moons covers for years. The exchange rate is brutal though and I'm not brave enough to bite.......yet.:)

Bella PSD

Explorer
Martinjmpr said:
Wet Okole's look nice but are way expensive. I think they are on the order of $200+.

I was looking at Wet Okole for my taco since I can't get the generic kind to fit my 1/3 - 2/3 split bench but I think instead I'll just try to swap in some bucket seats.

On the Wet Okole topic. There have been complaints that they start to smell after a while, but that is all through the grape vine so it could be incorrect.

I have the Wet okole set cover in the rear of my truck for 3-4 years now. They get dirty and I just take them out and hose them down. Within an hour they are dry and back in they go. I have done this 1/2 a dozen times and they do not smell. Also a perfect fit, even a separate cover for the rear bench center fold down armrest! They fit so good, Wet Okole look factory.

Louie

Clay

Adventurer
I'm liking these smittybilt covers right now:

G.E.A.R. Seat covers

45_1.jpg

Bella PSD

Explorer
Clay said:
I'm liking these smittybilt covers right now:

G.E.A.R. Seat covers

45_1.jpg

Last I checked, they were hard to find?? I like them, and I may get them for the front seats....they will not protect the seats as well as the Wet Okale but the back of the seat cover storage is not a bad trade off!! They are about $100 per seat. Also, being new, they are only for Jeep seats I think. So not a custom fit for me.

Louie

Scott Brady

Founder
I just installed a set of the GEAR covers in the Tacoma. I will do a review this afternoon.

Also look into the SandStorm covers, which are custom made in Kenya. I plan on installing them on the Discovery.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
expeditionswest said:
Also look into the SandStorm covers, which are custom made in Kenya. I plan on installing them on the Discovery.

I have looked for the SandStorm covers, but could not find them on the net.
Do you have a link for them?

TeleScooby

Adventurer
Wet Okole are fantastic. They are pricey, but they last longer then most trucks. They are neoprene, so they will start to smell like an old wet suit if you don't clean them. I found that a soaking in Myrazine every 6 months or so was enough to keep that from happening...and that was with sitting on them in sandy wet wetsuits and drysuits every weekend!

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
Bella PSD said:
Last I checked, they were hard to find?? I like them, and I may get them for the front seats....they will not protect the seats as well as the Wet Okale but the back of the seat cover storage is not a bad trade off!! They are about $100 per seat. Also, being new, they are only for Jeep seats I think. So not a custom fit for me.

I ordered one from 4-Wheel Parts in early January, and it just arrived last week.

The Smittybilt G.E.A.R. seat covers don't cover the entire seat. The side corners of the base and the sides and top of the seat back are largely exposed. This is more a highly-customizable storage solution than a protective seat cover.

They are quite adjustable for varying seat dimensions. I'd imagine they would fit almost any bucket seat.

Last edited:

snipecatcher

Adventurer
yes

Clark White said:
Those are indeed the ones I was thinking of. Anyone have expierence with them?

Sure. I have the black/grey ones in my Tacoma, and they look pretty nice. I've always wanted some canvas-like seat covers (although in tan or green) and these were the closest I could find. They are obviously from Autozone, meaning they are cheaply made. The grommets pull out, the zippers break, and the bungees become fatigued prematurely. I've had them 6 months or so, and so far they've protected my seats from a few stains, as evidenced from the obvious stains on the seat covers, which show up pretty good on the grey part. My main reason for seat covers is so that I can stuff padding under them in the lower back area and make my Tacoma seats a bit more comfortable, and they fit this purpose. As with most things, you get what you pay for, and these are cheap as far as seat covers go. When these bite the dust, I'll be upgrading to something a bit nicer.
-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles