FG 637 New to forum

Raker

Observer
IMAG0086_zps2c560147.jpg Now that the exhaust is 3'' I had to source a bigger exhaust brake. I couldn't find a Mitsubishi one so off to the truck wreckers. I ended up with an air operated brake that opened the wrong way. After stripping the unit down it was reassembled with the butterfly upside down and reversed. The air unit was binned and the original vacuum unit was attached.

alan

Explorer
what boost are you running ?

View attachment 195454 Now that the exhaust is 3'' I had to source a bigger exhaust brake. I couldn't find a Mitsubishi one so off to the truck wreckers. I ended up with an air operated brake that opened the wrong way. After stripping the unit down it was reassembled with the butterfly upside down and reversed. The air unit was binned and the original vacuum unit was attached.

Raker

Observer
I will have to give Superior Turbos a call for the boost figures, I haven't looked at that yet as the exhaust isn't finished. When the stack is made I will book into the local turbo dealer who also has a dyno and make sure everything is good. Being all mechanical everything should be adjustable. (No computer)

Raker

Observer
bth_IMAG0091_zps6aab0ff2.jpg That's the mock up done, now I have to pull it out and paint the bare steel. This gives me the original tank (right side) 33gal (125Lt) Left side (Aux) 24gal (90Lt) Right rear 24gal (90Lt) I lifted the rear tank up as high as I could but it will still restrict me from competition rock crawling :oops: The main tank feeds as normal, the Aux tank works off a switch in the cab, same as a sub. The rear tank will pump into the main from out side via a water proof 12v pump. All three tanks are separate, so if I damage one I won't lose all the fuel.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
You might end up sitting on the end of the tank if you come along on our Cape trip (2015). My rear toolbox gets sat on when going over some of the rock drop offs into some of crossings.

Dan.

Raker

Observer
You might end up sitting on the end of the tank if you come along on our Cape trip (2015). My rear toolbox gets sat on when going over some of the rock drop offs into some of crossings.

Dan.
I had a look at the tool box crossing, I don't think I would like my tank to experience the same. Ok I have 100mm more lift to play with and I can use the 3'' rhs from the tow bar to extend across and up to make a sacrificial rock bar.
Thanks Dan

Raker

Observer
IMAG0095_zps17da1890.jpgIMAG0098_zpsfc4030ea.jpg Ok, the rear tank now sits higher than the tow bar (lots of cutting, drilling and grinding) I know why I went the first and easier option. As Dan pointed out, it would end in tears. I think this is now high enough to keep me out of trouble. That's what is so great about this forum, people are willing to share their own experiences to help others. Thanks again Dan.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
, the rear tank now sits higher than the tow bar (lots of cutting, drilling and grinding) I know why I went the first and easier option. As Dan pointed out, it would end in tears. I think this is now high enough to keep me out of trouble. That's what is so great about this forum, people are willing to share their own experiences to help others. Thanks again Dan.

A pleasure to be able to give you some advise, it would have been a pity to see it with a flat bottom after all the trouble of fitting it.

Looks good.
Dan.

Raker

Observer
IMAG0101_zps629ea2cd.jpgIMAG0100_zps5e4f5fe0.jpg Now this may or may not cause some debate but as some have a hard time with the colour WHITE, I thought I would try a different approach. I live up here in the tropics and it is the wet season, so a North American urban winter camouflage pattern seemed appropriate. What do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior