FG 637 New to forum

Raker

Observer
Hi everyone, I'm posting my first thread. I have been sitting on the fence since I got my truck in Jan this year. Great community with lots of learning to be had. Struggling with the pics but will work through that. Will attempt to post pics from then to now. Thanks. Steve

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 46

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi everyone, I'm posting my first thread. I have been sitting on the fence since I got my truck in Jan this year. Great community with lots of learning to be had. Struggling with the pics but will work through that. Will attempt to post pics from then to now. Thanks. Steve

Yeah gidday as well Steve.

That looks like a Palfinger in the back? Is it a PC1500 by chance? Any idea what one is worth? What do you use it for?

It's really easy to post pics now. When you are writing your post , simply click on the third icon from the right that looks like framed photo of a tree. It brings up a window that's asks where you want to select your pic from..... Click on "from your computer" then click "choose file" then go to the pic in whatever file on your computer. Then click"upload file".........Well it's easier than it sounds anyway mate. Haha.

Regards
John.

Last edited:

Aussie Iron

Explorer
It's great to see another member join the forum. Welcome, there's a lot of good info on here some will suit you some won't. If we can help just ask.

Dan.

blackduck

Explorer
Welcome also steve
youll learn a lot here
but don't take advice about colour scheme's
or you may end up with a pink pressure plate :wings:

Raker

Observer
Thanks for the welcome every one, I had a look at Alan's thread and now I'm scared to show what I'm doing. (only joking) Yes it's a Palfinger 1300. I bought the truck for a business idea that I had. Wanted to fit a fisher Minute Mount to the front with an 11 foot York rake to it for gravel road maintenance but after months of trying to deal with Fisher I decided to go camping. (long story) 043.jpg Some new wheels will make me feel better

Raker

Observer
Cost of new crane around $8000, more if you want hyd legs. I have one on drivers side (lifts the front off the ground) I will look at fitting one to the other side later.
Steve

Raker

Observer
037.jpg053.jpg I figured I would put a winch out the back to start. A Tigerz 11 12,000Lb should do and I will fit a Runva 17,500Lb to the front at a later time (money)

Raker

Observer
052.jpg
The truck came with two spare wheel carriers, one at the back under the chassis and one on the left just in front of the rear wheel. I pulled the second one off and fitted a 24 gal tank in it's place.

Raker

Observer
069.jpg070.jpg123.jpg Fitted the new wheels, much better. The 4D33 struggles with the new rolling resistance. Me thinks a turbo might be in order.

Raker

Observer
056.jpg Took the truck for a run on the h'way With the GPS at 100kph the truck speedo was around 87kph. The wheels are 13% bigger, so it seems about right. Quick call to Otto instruments in Bris and the two readings are pretty close.

Raker

Observer
084.jpg Gave Superior Turbos in Toowoomba a call, they made up this kit and had it freighted up to Darwin for me. Fitting was easy enough but the dump pipe is 3'' and I didn't want to fit it to the original exhaust.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
You'll need to paint that rocker cover, 'cause it don't match all the other shiny new bits you've added. :wings:

So... how much difference has the turbo made, in your opinion?

Raker

Observer
Using my test hill before the turbo, top speed of 85kph and with the turbo 96kph. With a top speed of 112 I was surprised to hit 120 on the way back (it was down hill) Overall I can now keep up with traffic and I will give the rocker cover a wash (Pilbara red)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke