Freightliner ambulance conversion project.

rlrenz

Explorer
It's hard waking to a scene like this. Yesterday we did over 100 miles of tree lined 2 lane road without a stop sign or traffic lights. I had no idea anything like this existed in the USA. Fantastic.

cc3cfa29d388ec0bbf5cd4ce208d8654.jpg

If you want scenery like that, drive around the south side of Lake Superior sometime, or drive down along side the Mississippi - you'll find eagle nesting areas near Wabasha, MN.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Great thread.

For those of you in the south tracking this hurricane, it appears I will soon own a cleared lot on a canal, just two lots in from the ocean. Or maybe the house will survive.

There may be some debris, some Land Rover parts, and mine or others scrapped boat hulls about, but the foundation will make a nice pad for parking.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Made it. Not enough cell service to post photos. But 2250 miles at 50 mph average and 10.4 mpg. And when I get a chance I will post the video of the smoking brakes from coming down the hills in the Smokey Mountain National Park.

Last edited:

rlrenz

Explorer
When we drove through Virginia, we ran into some stiff grades, but no smoking -- we were probably darn close, though.

Congratulations on making the trip - now you only have to worry about a hurricane....

patoz

Expedition Leader
I don't think Hurricane Matthew is going to cause you guys any problems this weekend.

Right now, the forecast track has it down to a Cat 1 (85 mph) once it gets to the South Carolina coast on Saturday afternoon, and it will then be headed out in a NE direction to start curving back down towards the Bahamas, and possibly southern Florida again.

14568151_1177703988961746_7603660623835231939_n.jpg

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Good news was that Matthew didn't impact us too much. Rain and a bit of wind but nothing to really dampen the expo. Better report to follow but here is where we roughed it.

43a2be7f1e894dfa550ab96376f962a3.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
So...did you just pull out there in front, put out your awning, and build a big ole campfire in the middle of the grass?

mckwujbettpc62bclovz.jpg

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys.

In the middle of Texas at the moment. On an Expo Rig treasure hunt. Details to follow but it involves buying a trailer to get it home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94