Teardrop Trailer Build

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Welcome to the forum, Bruce.

Single best thing I can think of for an offroad teardrop (that I don't already have) is under-bed drawers that open outside of the trailer. Shoes, jackets, little chairs. The inside gets so cluttered...

jim65wagon

TundraBird1

Single best thing I can think of for an offroad teardrop (that I don't already have) is under-bed drawers that open outside of the trailer. Shoes, jackets, little chairs. The inside gets so cluttered...

Which is exactly why we designed our trailer with extra storage. The basement is perfect and is where we store our camp chairs, gazebo, side awnings, and shower unit. At night we kick our shoes off and slide them into the basement. They stay nice and dry and are ready at hand any time of the night.

Oh! and welcome to the forum to both of you, Bruce and Matt!

luk4mud

Explorer

Bill,

Under the mattress storage is already on the list, but I guess I didnt think about how much easier it would be to access that storage of we put a couple of rv style hatches on the outside. The danger and advantage of posting in process projects here is that you guys always come up with great ideas ....

Jim thanks for the pictures.

Matt, we will need to talk about this one some.

luk4mud

Explorer
What is the best on sale price you guys have seen on the Sears group 31 agm? I was at the store yesterday and it was 10% off of $289, but they jacked the base price from $269 recently. I dont need it until after Christmas.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
What is the best on sale price you guys have seen on the Sears group 31 agm? I was at the store yesterday and it was 10% off of $289, but they jacked the base price from $269 recently. I dont need it until after Christmas.
I bought one for ~$200 a couple of years ago.

In all honesty, I'd rather have two Walmart boat batteries than one of those. Just treat them right, put a little cushion under them, secure them, keep them topped-off.

Dawgboy

Adventurer
I'm running 8, 18 ah SLAs for my house power, as I got a good deal on them and they are sealed. Even at full price I think it's cheaper than your Diehard. You have the added bonus of being able to distribute the weight, replacing or pulling a single unit without compromising power, and redundant redundant...

Brought to you by Cyberdyne Systems

luk4mud

Explorer
I bought one for ~$200 a couple of years ago.

In all honesty, I'd rather have two Walmart boat batteries than one of those. Just treat them right, put a little cushion under them, secure them, keep them topped-off.

Bill,
I think I am going to go with one Sears Group 31 AGM for now. I may regret it but it seems like the safest bet for me. Bought it online last night for $198 OTD. Sears was giving a 20% on line discount plus I had some of their frequent shopper points to burn. Couldn't pass it up at that price.

luk4mud

Explorer
How does the electrical charging system work from vehicle to trailer battery?

I have the Jeep factory harness to convert the Jeep from a 4 to 7 pin electrical system, but still dont understand how to wire the 7 pin though the trailer batter to charge it while driving. Does anyone have a writeup for an electrical simpleton like me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles