A good foundation for an Expo rig? Suburban with Cat Diesel/Allison combo...

dragogt

Adventurer
Man I'd skip it, but that's just me I think you could do a lot better than that for 18k..

Its not a diesel conversion, its a suburban body on a mdt frame...

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
"You might be a redneck if..." If you cobble together a suburban monstertruck with a Big Ol' wing on the roof! :Wow1:

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
I'm afraid not. Not a start or a finish. It's a hobby truck: a show truck.
1. No 4WD. No transfer case.
2. Taller than my Lance on Dodge.
3. I see no situation in which this would be a good idea as an Expo rig, except for show: the "what were they thinking?" factor.
I have a friend who took a 70's Sub, widened it by two feet, had new windshields made, plunked it down on a 5 ton truck frame and he actually used it. And it had a transfer case. What do I think of it? It's a mind bender, and certainly a learning experience for the builder/owner, but not very practical.
jefe

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
This is a joke right? Ultimate troll thread if it is! LOLz. Fits in with the Astro Vans rule thread. Haha.
-
No 4x4
Likely completely worthless on any kind of slick road without the heavy dump bed it used to have.
Illegal headlight height in all 50 states!
Does it even have a rear bumper?
Steering linkage screams: "Ocean Camel"
-
I'd like to crash into it. Instant millionaire.

Last edited:

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
This is a joke right? Ultimate troll thread if it is! LOLz. Fits in with the Astro Vans rule thread. Haha.

Probably not a joke, it is a diesel. You know the sun rises and sets around diesels here on Expo
rolleyes.gif

Diesel this, diesel that, we want more diesels, diesel Jeep, diesel ½ ton truck, diesel, diesel, blah, blah, blah, blah…. Pee on diesels and this horribly distasteful Suburban concoction too
histerical.gif

Funny, Sunday I was watching some Youtubers of Aussie guys doing their overland thing in the outback and they were all driving gasoline powered Toyotas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles