37 on stock quigley

cjken

Explorer
Has anyone installed a larger fuel filler in a van. Right now I can only fill up at car diesel pumps. The truck pump nozzles don't fit. It would be much better to be able to fill up at any pump.
Are there any problems with putting a larger holed filler on the tank??

tgreening

Expedition Leader
The filler from an F-450 maybe? My '08 F-450 had a filler large enough to fuel at the big rig pumps. Have to be careful though, it'll accept the nozzle but it won't take the flow. You can't just squeeze the handle and walk away. Diesel shower.

flightcancled

Explorer
Probably wouldn't be hard to pull one off a box truck at a junk yard. Mine is just held in place with 3 screws and a hose clamp

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cjken

Explorer
that's a great idea! where did u buy it from? Is it a custom piece or does someone sell it online?

You mean the rack.
If so its a POS from Harbor Freight.

I got tired of lifting it the snowblower into the back. For the weight of the snow blower it is fine, but it is not the highest quality item!!

Last edited:

cjken

Explorer
Not much to report.
Definitely putting some miles on.
Hit 66,666 miles on my last trip.
(Not sure why I found that to be fascinating)
be9360698a3cd314ce28ca831f049eef.jpg

I read in another thread about cleaning EBP system. My EBPV seems to be sticking closed lately.
Does system default to open if unplugged?
I have a spare turbo so may try rebuilding that one with no EBPV.
I think I could get away running without that system.
Some use it as an exhaust brake apparently, but not sure that would be useful with the auto trans that I have.
Are there any suggested mods if I decide to rebuild turbo?

I have a TS Chip to install as well.

Not sure I need to do anything, but it has been awhile since I worked on anything.

I may go through and replace the tierods and front end bushings in the near future. Van drives tight for the most part but I figure those parts have many years and miles on them and running the 37" military tires for several years definitely was not kind to those parts.

I also have a led light bar sitting in my garage. I may gut my Whelen light bar and see if the led light bar can fit inside behind lenses.
Below is it with current old school lighting.

684be0a859ed5011bfce40de51115584.jpg

Last edited:

djbonsu

Adventurer
I read in another thread about cleaning EBP system. My EBPV seems to be sticking closed lately.
Does system default to open if unplugged?
I have a spare turbo so may try rebuilding that one with no EBPV.
I think I could get away running without that system.
Some use it as an exhaust brake apparently, but not sure that would be useful with the auto trans that I have.
Are there any suggested mods if I decide to rebuild turbo?

I have a TS Chip to install as well.

Not sure I need to do anything, but it has been awhile since I worked on anything.

I may go through and replace the tierods and front end bushings in the near future. Van drives tight for the most part but I figure those parts have many years and miles on them and running the 37" military tires for several years definitely was not kind to those parts.

I also have a led light bar sitting in my garage. I may gut my Whelen light bar and see if the led light bar can fit inside behind lenses.
Below is it with current old school lighting.

I didn't have much luck cleaning my EBP tube and sensor so i just bought new ones while replacing my belt tensioner. I think your pedestal is slightly different from the 99+ pedestals but I ended up removing the rod and gutted the mechanism that controls it and tapping the hole and sealing it with a bolt and some RTV in addition to unplugging the system. I need to replace the exhaust outlet on the turbo still but that wont happen until I rebuild the turbo. For now it is held open with weld wire and it isn't going anywhere. Turbo rebuild can be had with a wicked wheel compressor wheel along with supporting hardware. Atleast thats what i plan to do when the time comes. My turbo seems to be in good shape after 270k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94