37 on stock quigley

cjken

Explorer
Yes chris!!
I saw the picture that you posted near the psych center a while back. I wish I had the chance to see your van when you were up!! My parents still live right near the smithtown landing golf course. We always rode bikes around the grounds and later in hs tried to drive our trucks up to the mushroom (water tower on the grounds). My dad worked there before getting transferred to creedmore when they started closing down.

conifers4

Suburban nomad
I was just up there in NY, all of my family is in Smithtown & Kings Park! I grew up right off Main St in Smithtown.
Next time you come up I demand that Ken and I get to check out your van over a beer!:sombrero:
Yes chris!!
I saw the picture that you posted near the psych center a while back. I wish I had the chance to see your van when you were up!! My parents still live right near the smithtown landing golf course. We always rode bikes around the grounds and later in hs tried to drive our trucks up to the mushroom (water tower on the grounds). My dad worked there before getting transferred to creedmore when they started closing down.

I just took a hike with my kids through the psych center last weekend. Also stopped by the bluff, one of my favorite places.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
For sure! Hoping for a trip next fall, may hit the VT Overland rally and I'll come out of I have time. This last trip was a bit crazy, too many people to see and not enough time. Didn't feel like much of a vacation!

cjken

Explorer
Hey Chris
Hope you make it to LI and that we get to meet you next fall!!!

Conifers
Since you are a jeep guy.
Do you know any one interested in a jeep scrambler from our area?? I've got one that I just never actually use anymore.

I'm really liking the way the can rides with the 37's. I'm thinking if swapping the box on soon. Just trying to think if there is anything I should do while the box is off and I still have easy access!! Any ideas???
Thought about the ujoint fuel tank for more capacity, but know I don't really need that. Will rarely be going long distances.

conifers4

Suburban nomad
Ken I would love to know more about the Scrambler, I will not ask around until given the opportunity to look myself.:smiley_drive:
Please PM me with some details.

cjken

Explorer
Here is the mini mod box I plan to swap onto my chassis. Right now it spends it's time as a sign in a parking lot of one of my math learning centers.
I may try to turn up another box for my 4x4 chassis because this one is serving a good purpose right now, but this box is in really good shape.
If anyone knows of a good mini mod srw box on the east coast please let me know!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384716482.864812.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384716511.929477.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384716541.964263.jpg

cjken

Explorer
Derjack

Here is a better picture of it.
It lives in Martha's Vineyard now!
I miss it. But that is a good place for it to retire!!
I just had too many econolines!!😄
Had to reduce the fleet.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384718806.770606.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384718910.470210.jpg

cjken

Explorer
Had it out in the snow today. Worked well. Blasted through some moderately large snow drifts.

I think it could benefit from some weight over the rear wheels. On the hunt for a mini-mod box. If anyone comes across one let me know.
I hate to pull the box of the one I currently have it just runs too good to sacrifice.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388781352.415861.jpg

cjken

Explorer
Flightcanceled

Feel free to check it out. It is in the parking lot of the Northgate shopping center backed up to Jericho tpk.
It is just a bit east of the sunken meadow parkway. If you are heading east on Jericho it will be on the left side.

cjken

Explorer
Haha!! I'm glad it is getting noticed since it's current function is being a sign.
I don't think it will be moving for a while. They plowed it in while clearing the parking lot.

Flightcanceled

Ironically, my box went dead the other day. I backed into my driveway with the flood lights blazing since it was dark. Next day no power to the box.
Lights in front and sirens all still work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles