37 on stock quigley

cjken

Explorer
Anyone know how this ford idle controller works??

My idi ambulance idles up automatically when all the lights are on.
This shows rpm but does not seem to do anything else.
Can you set it to idle up when running lights and accessories??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400506992.715619.jpg

cjken

Explorer
So I built a fold up platform for sleeping.
My skills are not as good as most on this forum, but I think this will serve my purposes it can fold down for sleeping then fold up so that I have full use of the back when needed.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400607998.278499.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400608007.625569.jpg

Also switched to my newer set of tires.
Will keep the old set as spares for now.
New set rides noticeably better. Maybe they are just balanced better. They still have the nipples on them so I am guessing they were never run or maybe very little.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400608118.561710.jpg

cjken

Explorer
For now the spare is going to live under the platform that I built.
Eventually need to find a better spot for it.
Roof or swing away behind left rear door. They are so heavy roof could be tough.

jbob

Observer
Sorry if I missed it, but what's the bolt pattern on your h1 rims? 8 x 6.5?

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

cjken

Explorer
Yes 8x6.5. Completely stock not re centered.
I went with them vs swapping out my dually front hubs for SRW ones.
I could not find wide dually rims and these have enough back spacing to run with the dually hubs.
I haven't really run them long enough to say if it is the best solution for me. So far they are working out well. They are really heavy so I worry about excessive wear on my front end parts.

cjken

Explorer
Working well.
After spending the weekend in it I think an awning on the passenger side and some type of ac is next on the list.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401123239.730826.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401123254.146712.jpg

cjken

Explorer
Somebody please stop me if this is a bad idea!!!.
I'm thinking about cutting through the spare tire compartment and putting a small window AC in it. I am trying to avoid a roof top unit. The fact that it will be low in the inside may be bad. I don't know.
Someone in another thread mentioned a window unit in a van.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401126436.691330.jpg

I figure I can open the door when I run it or put vents in the compartment door. I can remove it during the winter.

Any reason that it would be a bad idea???
I need to cool the box for summer camping.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Don't know if it helps at all but I've noticed some small window type A/C units in new model 5th wheel campers this year. First time I've seen it from the factory. In every case though they've been mounted high, which makes sense since cold air falls. I think if you mount it down there you're liable to just end up with some cold feet.

r_w

Adventurer
You will want to plenum the intake or exhaust from up high, or add a fan to keep the air stirred up, but down low is common on ultralite rigs--popups, teardrops, etc.

I think it is a fair trade for the lower COG and roof height. No way would I put a roof air on a 4wd, just asking for trouble.

You can get super-efficient window units these days that run from the little Honda genny just fine.

Make sure you understand how the outside fan cycles air (usually pulls from a side and pushes out the front or vice-versa) and set up your vents and spacing accordingly. If you don't, the box will heat up to the point you won't be making cool air. Some end up adding booster fans to vent the box if they screw up, or mounting the unit on a slider so it pushes out in use.

Last edited:

cjken

Explorer
Thanks for the info guys. That is great!!
I really want to avoid the rooftop unit!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94