Caterham Brutus concept

haven

Expedition Leader
CaterhamBrutusconcept.jpg

Caterham is the British company that made Lotus 7 replicars for many years. Now Caterham has new owners from Malaysia, and they are starting a motorcycle division. The company recently showed prototype designs, including the Brutus, pictured above. Brutus is powered by a 750cc single cylinder gas motor, running through a CVT to floatation tires. Caterham calls this the "SUV of motorcycles." Production is expected to start in mid 2014, priced "affordably."

HarryT

Adventurer
Looks pretty but its over 500 pounds and has very little suspension travel. I'm betting a ten year old 125 cc two stroke will out perform the Brutus. They should have made it two wheel drive to compete with the Rokon.

cwsqbm

Explorer
Looks pretty but its over 500 pounds and has very little suspension travel. I'm betting a ten year old 125 cc two stroke will out perform the Brutus. They should have made it two wheel drive to compete with the Rokon.

Its not about speed like a motocross bike. It'd have enough suspension travel for slowly plodding along like a TW200. Compared to a TW200, it'd have far more power and be easier to ride for novices with the CVT. Compared to a Rokon, it's got the advantage of being street legal (at least I see lights, turn signals and a plate mount). Its a Ruckus that's been exposed to gamma radiation and turned green.

sourdough

Adventurer
Very interesting concept but 500 lbs. is way to heavy and 750cc's is too much motor and would be too thristy.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
So, basically, an updated Rokon? Is it 2wd?

Looks like a heavy pig. Can't imagine it would be much fun to have to pick up off the ground.

chris_1001

Theres two more - electric...

car_photo_585793_25.jpg

Droool!!!!! Personally I prefer things that suck down extinct dinosaur liquid vs batteries (I'm OK with petal power on its own as well) but I like that! Be fun to bomb down some single track on that.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
The second white one with the number 2 on it looks like a kiddy toy bike... with disk brakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles