Syn Line protective device

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
http://www.x-eng.co.uk/X-Zag.asp?MID=47

This little unit is rather unique. Anyone have any experience with this?

X-ZagOverBank1.jpg

Fifthpro

Adventurer
Interesting little thing. New saw anything like it before.......anyone else ever use it or something like it in the past?

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I am not too sure of that product in the US... seems a bit bulky at first glance that could be replaced by something way smaller.

Most of the newer lines are coming with protective sleeves that seems to be helping where the early syn line were having issues.

grillmasterp

Observer
I could have used that thing during a previous recovery of a flopped vehicle-
I was at the top of the hill, flopped vehicle was at the bottom- Incline of the hill created a few contact points with the sharp rocks-
I used a few floor mats, in addition to my synth rope sleeve.

Looks like it would take up alot of space though.
Also if the terrain is rocky , you may likely have mulitple contact points with rocks.

Time to bend some tube ;)

BruceTS

Observer
A simpler design that would do the trick is to get a 1 foot piece of 1 1/2" tubing, bend a slight arch in it, then cut a slot lengthwise wide enough for your line to fit past. Radius off all the sharp corners and possibly weld a few legs to hold it steady. Much smaller and easier to use.

Maybe I'll fabricate one up to test out, on my next trip to the Hammers.

When I have winched across abrassive rocks, using your hi-lift flat on the ground works great to prevent contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles