ignition disabler switch

LR Max

Local Oaf
Go to junkyard. Find your similar vehicle. Remove fog light switch.

Install into your vehicle. Use as the immobilizer switch.

Your average person isn't going to think that fog lights are needed to start the car.

1967fb

Disabler

In preparations for a trip down to south America I am thinking about installing an ignition disabler type switch as a extra safety against the truck getting stolen. My idea is to install a hidden switch somewhere such as inside the center console or under the seat so that event if some one breaks into the truck and 12 volt system is disabled so the truck cant be moved. A simple idea would be something similar to a race car kill switch, but im interested to know if any one else has installed something similar or if there is a product made for such applications? In short im fishing for ideas to see whats out there .

Check out the testimonials at www.Ravelco.com as they were enough to sell me on it. You don't have to mess with your vehicle's wiring and they come to you for the installation if you live in a dealer's area. Pulling a relay might work but a simple piece of 12 gauge wire with blade connectors will replace an obviously missing relay. Having the fuel pump pulled still allows the starter to spin and may help flag that someone is trying to take your vehicle, if you are near enough to hear it. Ravelco does more than just one circuit, unlike most immobilizers. Lifetime warranty, track record and simple to use also got my vote. Have a safe trip!

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Just pull the fuel pump relay! No need to install a switch. Thieves don't carry spare parts.

That's what I did whenever I was leaving my Jeep for a week or more in Central or South America.

I didn't have a kill switch in the cab, but I will on my next vehicle.
I'll probably just put a small push-button somewhere under the carpet or seat that must be held down for the starter to crank.

It's very simple, and yes, it could be found and bypassed if the thief had enough time, but that's not what this is about.

-Dan

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I installed a ravelco on my Cat excavator, since all cats use the same key, its tough to leave it on a jobsite and not get stolen. I feel a lot better about it now.
Check out the testimonials at www.Ravelco.com as they were enough to sell me on it. You don't have to mess with your vehicle's wiring and they come to you for the installation if you live in a dealer's area. Pulling a relay might work but a simple piece of 12 gauge wire with blade connectors will replace an obviously missing relay. Having the fuel pump pulled still allows the starter to spin and may help flag that someone is trying to take your vehicle, if you are near enough to hear it. Ravelco does more than just one circuit, unlike most immobilizers. Lifetime warranty, track record and simple to use also got my vote. Have a safe trip!

chnlisle

Adventurer
I ran a to-from wire from the coil to a push on/push off button mounted under the carpet of my 911. It worked perfectly, was completely hidden and thwarted 6 thefts.....that I know of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier