AMPHIBEAR ADVENTURE

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Featured above, any comments on this project?

I hope his life insurance is paid and he has good batteries in the ERB with his life raft!

Any sea going types here?

Think wind will be a factor?

What are the chances this will happen? :snorkel:

EMrider

Explorer
As I watched the short youtube video embedded in the article, I could not help thinking "this is going to end badly."

That setup on anything but calm/placid water just strikes me as asking for trouble.

Hope I'm wrong.

R

tacr2man

Adventurer
I think driving around with that degree of overhang each end is likely to cause him big problems in some countries , from the road legality point of view . If it doesnt all end in tears , the resale value of that cruiser wont be much , after its saltwater bath. The other amphibious expedition sort of ground to a halt in Alaska after crossing the bering strait IIRC

escadventure

Adventurer
It's a modern day Kon Tiki and old world adventure spirit. Some how I don't think any conventional wisdom or prudent caution apply with this venture. He's fulfilling a dream. He's got more courage than most just in taking the step.

Steve UK

Adventurer
It's a modern day Kon Tiki and old world adventure spirit. Some how I don't think any conventional wisdom or prudent caution apply with this venture. He's fulfilling a dream. He's got more courage than most just in taking the step.

Nicely put, the very best of luck to him.

Steve

CLynn85

Explorer
Some updates posted. Looks like they had some troubles that caused them to abandon ship. It was picked up by a shipping vessel and is being taken to Rio De Jeneiro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94