Who buildings custom camper boxes.

Cagiva

Guys, I'm looking to build a big 4x4 expedition camper. Can anyone give recommendations on who will building a custom box to be placed on the frame, here in the USA?

incognito

Adventurer
Hy,

if you are talking about a service box you can google truck body, utility box, body or service box or body. You have many manufacturers , Readings, Royal truck body( mine is a royal truck body 9 feet-had to cut the back of it to fit the camper). You could have them in steel ( 1100 Lbs mine), also aluminium and fiberglass. Also commercial truck trader sell used .
truck is heavier, but i have a lot of storage space, even more than i need. best modification i've did.had a good welder who helped me done the project.
good luck
IncognitoIMG_5435.JPGIMG_5374.JPGIMG_5434.JPGIMG_5370.JPGIMG_5369.JPGIMG_5329.JPG

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Who builds the sleeper boxes on the semi trucks? I've seen some very large ones that would be perfect for a camper.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Who builds the sleeper boxes on the semi trucks? I've seen some very large ones that would be perfect for a camper.
The longer sleepers are generally made 90" wide, with options as wide as 100" or so. Seems likely that would be too wide for most overlanding uses. There's also a gaping hole in the front end to walk through to the cab. Perhaps a company like Indiana Custom Trucks or Double Eagle might build a unit to spec, but their normal units likely wouldn't work.

I, for one, would like to have the names of companies building expedition-quality cabins in North America. While there are several European companies, the only companies I know of here have either converted less rugged dry van boxes or have built just a custom one-off for a client. If there's someone out there I could call up and say, "Here's your bag of money; build me a box 12 x 7 x 6.5," I sure don't know of them . . . and I'd like to.

fisher205

Explorer
Check with Darrin Fink http://www.ruf-inc.com/. He told me he could get any cabin I needed built from his supplier for his campers when I was looking at building them. I don't know if he is still in the business, I haven't talked to him in a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles