Ebay Automatic Deflators - Any Feedback?

toyotech

Expedition Leader
unsure on the ebay ones but i heard with any auto deflators, you need to calibrate/set them at the location you used them. guess they change according to altitude
i would love a set of staun but they are so damn expensive. heard bad things about the smittybilt version saying they let all the air out of the tires

Richietherocket

Adventurer
So it appears that Kimo, the ebay seller, did a GB over at the LRR forum a couple of years ago. Everyone there seems really happy but nobody stated if they wheeled with them. They discuss how well they air down in the driveway though. He has sold almost 1400 so they must be good. It might be worth taking a flyer on.

digitaldelay

Explorer
Those look just like the ones I got from eBay a couple years ago. I have only tried them out a few times but it seems like one of mine keeps hissing instead of coming to a complete stop at the preset pressure. When the others had stopped deflating I removed the last one too. I don't know if it would eventually stop or if it would just keep hissing until the tire was flat. May be just a weak spring or something.

Jason

digitaldelay

Explorer
Has anyone driven with their deflators on and let them do their thing while you make your way (at reduced speed) along the gravel road? Seems like it would save a few minutes of sitting around. Would this also bleed off the excess pressure created while aired down?

I guess there would be increased risk of valve stem damage. What do you guys think?

Jason

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I know guys do this at the beach. I would use it on the fire road to the trail head than get out and remove

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I have STAUN sets for trailer and jeep and they've been flawless for over 5 years--but

At $19 bucks and if you're a light duty wheeler---why not take a chance-

That's cheaper than a lunch-:snorkel:

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles