Espar EberspacherAirtronic D4 24 volt Diesel fired heater

crazy

Adventurer
First, I hope this is the right section for this. I have an Espar Airtronic diesel fired heater that I am thinking about selling. It is 24 volt which is a problem for some one with a 12 volt system unless you have room to put two 12 volt batteries in series. The power consumption is so low, I thought 2 sealed lead acid batteries might work. It appears unused and uninstalled. I am trying to find a list of all the parts that come with the kit to make sure everything is there. Fuel consumption is .10 gallons per hour on the hi setting which is the second highest. It is .03 gallons per hour on the low setting.

I'm not sure if there is any interest for something like this. Asking $1200plus shipping. I have seen them going for $1900-2500 new. What say you?

espar1.JPG

espar2.JPG

espar3.JPG

espar4.JPG

espar5.JPG

Toes not included unless you're a smokin' hot babe.

Almost forgot, location is San Francisco Bay Area.

Last edited:

burquedoka

Adventurer
Do you have the thermostat? How about all the other parts, like exhaust, fuel pickup, wire loom, intake tubing, etc?

crazy

Adventurer
I haven't been able to find a list of what is included in the kit. This was not in the original box.

espar9.JPGespar11.JPGespar12.JPG

espar13.JPGespar15.JPG

Last edited:

burquedoka

Adventurer
Yeah, look like you got all the important parts there. It s an nice unit,I have the hydronic in both my G and Unimog. I'd love an airtronic, I'll have to think about it.

crazy

Adventurer
You seem to know about these. How can I test it or make sure there is nothing wrong with it? I don't want to sell it to someone if there is any kind of problem with it.

campo

Adventurer
On the pics you can see a standard Airtronic D4 hot air cabin heater.
4000 Watt regulated heat capacity.
It is the 24V version that is perfect for all 24V vehicles and not good for 12V ones.
This is a production 2009 as mentioned on the sticker.
But it seems new and not fitted before.
The combustion air (25mm internal) and the black warm air ducting (90mm internal) are dammaged and have probably to be replaced.
The mini regulator with on off switch is included as I can see.
If you want certitude that it is new then go to a Eberspächer/Espar dealer.
They can read out with the diagnostic laptop tool the controlbox that has an integrated
running time totalisator.

Regards Campo

crazy

Adventurer
On the pics you can see a standard Airtronic D4 hot air cabin heater.
4000 Watt regulated heat capacity.
It is the 24V version that is perfect for all 24V vehicles and not good for 12V ones.
This is a production 2009 as mentioned on the sticker.
But it seems new and not fitted before.
The combustion air (25mm internal) and the black warm air ducting (90mm internal) are dammaged and have probably to be replaced.
The mini regulator with on off switch is included as I can see.
If you want certitude that it is new then go to a Eberspächer/Espar dealer.
They can read out with the diagnostic laptop tool the controlbox that has an integrated
running time totalisator.

Regards Campo
I welcome and appreciate your input but there is no need to state the obvious. I posted 24v and the issue with 12v. I also posted a possible solution to the voltage issue. As far as date, I read Day 9, Month 10, Year 2011. I thought that is how they wrote the date in Germany. Is this not correct? Yes, the black hose is damaged and will need to be replaced, not probably. Thank you for the suggestion of having a dealer look at the unit, I believe there is one about 20 miles away. Maybe they can give me an idea of condition.

burquedoka

Adventurer
This unit looks NOS to me, I'd see no reason why it isn't in perfect working order. The vent tubes are not that big of a deal to replace. As far as testing it, you'd have to set it up on a bench with fuel and power. Honestly I'd sell it with a guarantee and call it good. It's highly unlikely it's anything but good to go. Prices are all over the place on these, look at eBay and you see what I mean. Maybe post it on the BenzWorld Unimog forum under the for sale section. It's the right time of year to be selling it, you just need to target the 24v boys, and there are plenty of them in the Unimog world! I'd be a player, but honestly I already have a hydronic unit on my Mog and there is no reason I shouldn't run it through a heat exchanger to do the same thing this unit does, it'd be to redundant. They are awesome units though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94