new Chevy Colorado

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Looks trimmed to me….

Look at Barney say "Hi, friends!"
2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-exterior-front-1.jpg

Borrowing some pictures from Paul for a minute of his sweet 4Runner.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not uncommon to have to cut up the bumper cover. And actually, bumper covers are not nearly as expensive as one would think if the vehicle needs to ever be returned to stock.

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Explorer
Yeah, no stickshift and it's too big (such a small size difference between it and a fullsize truck... seems rather pointless to me)

If it was more the size of the U.S. Ford Ranger or the old S-10 (and offered a stick), I'd certainly be more interested. No doubt, it's one of few late-model vehicles I think looks pretty spiffy (and yes, I also think the world version is ugly).

daveyboy

Adventurer
Yeah then you have to deal with VW gremlins...I owned a late model VW, I damn near took it out in the desert and set it blaze. Everyone I know that owned
them has had problems after problems. I am sure VW fans will beg to differ.

It does look cool though, VW designers know what they are doing...too bad their engineers don't.

Based on my VW experience, I completely agree. They look incredible in the showroom and on paper, but tend to fall apart (literally) in the real world after short term use... . I like the idea of the Amarok; I would never buy one.

bdp1978

Adventurer
I love it! I am one of those in the "Cant stand the world version" - it looks like they took a malibu and put a truck bed on it.

This LOOKS like a TRUCK. Once they hit dealers I'll be out to test drive a Black Z71 Crew Cab! I also dont worry about payload as much as towing.....6700lb towing capacity with the 3.6......not too shabby.

Clutch

<---Pass
Email response I received, after asking about a manual transmission. It absolutely must have a manual trans to pull me from a Toyota.

Dear Mr. ***********,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your interest in the 2015 Colorado! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us and are delighted to have received your email. We attempted to contact you by phone but were unable to reach you. (gave them a wrong number, didn't want them calling me. ;))

We have been receiving great feedback since the reveal of the all new 2015 Colorado. Your loyalty and enthusiasm is extremely important and we thank you for considering us in your next purchase. At this time, the Colorado will only offer the six-speed automatic transmission however, we would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our vehicles and the technology we use. Everything that we do regarding our vehicles is dependant on the market place. Customers provide feedback to us regarding our current vehicles, future vehicles, and the different components on them. From the information provided, we, in turn, make decisions and changes towards our product. We will document your suggestions and comments and we hope our future products will be able to suit your needs.

The Colorado is scheduled to arrive at Chevrolet dealerships in the fall of 2014 as a 2015 model. To keep up to date with the 2015 Colorado, we invite you to visit https://www.chevrolet.com/2015-colorado-small-truck.html. By signing up to receive updates, youll be among the first to be informed about product information as it becomes available.

We sincerely admire your choice of vehicle. The 2015 Chevrolet Colorado has been engineered to meet our consumers active lifestyles, offering them more capability, versatility and fuel efficiency than any other midsize pickup on the market  no other truck in the segment comes close. Every line, surface, material and feature on the new Colorado is designed for capability. The Colorado is packed with smart technologies including advanced and efficient powertrains, easy-to-use MyLink connectivity and a versatile and customizable bed with a variety of cargo management options.

We stand behind our full lineup of attractive, dependable vehicles with the best warranty coverage in America. At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 9pm Eastern Time, and Saturday 9am to 6pm. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet.

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team

nmatcek

Adventurer
I was really hoping I wouldn't like this truck so much....mine is nearly paid off and now new candy dangling in front of me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

rkj__

Adventurer
I really like this new truck. There is a very good chance it will be my next vehicle.

Bright red, Z71 EXT cab, V6.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
1400 lbs ain't much. Especially considering what the world truck can do. It's livable though, just a bit disappointing. The Nearly 10 year old Frontier and Tacoma are higher than that.

I'm willing to bet it's soft rear springs to give a more car-like ride; that is what's probably causing the low payload rating.
Some new springs or helper leaf and you're good to go

Vantage

Adventurer
Another fan of the 2015 Colorado here. The styling looks great and the engine choices (especially once the diesel arrives) should have something for everyone. I can't wait to testdrive one in a years time.

That being said, I came from a 2012 VW GLI, and if there is any truth to the Amarok coming to Canada I will be on the waiting list. VW's have a feel about them that is just a nice place to be.

I have always been a Honda car or Toyota Truck guy(6 trucks so far), but the imports are slipping and the Domestics are finally making a stand with very nice vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne