What Charities / Organizations do you support?

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Here at Adventure Tool Company we very much believe in giving back to the community. For that reason, we have decided to donate a portion of our profits to worthwhile charities and non-profits that support the outdoor lifestyle and/or humanitarian organizations that use planes, trains, automobiles, motorcycles, boats, etc. to accomplish their mission. We especially like ideas that are related to your favorite outdoor and/or vehicle activities. For instance: Stay The Trail, Tread Lightly, Angel Flights, Honor Flights, etc...

If you would, either submit your suggestions here or in our FB Comments section, or e-mail us at AdventureToolCompany@yahoo.com. Many thanks!!

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I support my local mountain bike / cycling club, the "Shorthills Cycling Club." They are a member club of the IMBA (International Mountain Biking Association.)

http://shorthillscyclingclub.com/
http://www.imbacanada.com/

They have been working very hard with local land owners to gain or maintain access to trails, perform trail maintenance, build new trails, and organize events.

RKJ-

Thanks for the links and the mountain bikers perspective! I'll add them to our list.

Take care.

jeepndel

Dir. of Operations, BRC
If I may be so bold, the BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC) which I now lead, is a non-profit 501.c3 dedicated to responsible recreation, all sports and all trails -- nationwide. We are teaching and empowering clubs of all types to get involved with public lands and waterways with an environmental ethic.
Del

seeNik48

Adventurer
We donate to our local conservation effort Whatcom Land Trust which preserves river corridors, farmland, old growth forest, etc. We also provide parking for local mountain bikers (we live near the trailhead) and donate 10% of our proceeds to a local group promoting riding the trails (WhIMPS).

W

Wandering Sagebrush

Oregon Water Watch

My personal favorite is Oregon Water Watch. They are working with both water users and conservation groups to ensure that there is sufficient in-stream flow for fisheries and the riparian habitat. Here's an image of a framed print that I donated to their annual auction this year. It sold nicely.

Attachments

• logo-merged32.jpg
    logo-merged32.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2
  • 10858575505_e77758d034.jpg
    10858575505_e77758d034.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Two organizations get money from me regularly.

The Lynn Canal Conservation in Haines, Alaska does a lot of good things to protect that delicate, and majestic part of Alaska.

International Mountain Bike Alliance. They also get an ear full with my donations. They do great things, but seem to need more input than usual from their members to stay on course. Still, a great cause.

I also donate to a bunch of organizations I'm sure many here would lump into the "tree hugger, hippy, eco-warrior, <insert judgmental jibe here>" heading. As inconvenient as it is to me, wild landscapes are far more important to me than roads.

rcharrette

Adventurer
Hello all, I'm not one to blow my own horn but here it goes anyway. After all the purpose of this is to get our word out.
Last year our family started a 6 month grand adventure across the SW USA and then down to Sayulita Mexico.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/91994-Onward-to-Mexico!
While staying in Mexico our 2 year old Son Axel was killed. I will not get into details here as it's all available on-line if you look.
Anyway, in his memory we started the Axel Project. We are a non profit dedicated to getting kids started on bikes as soon as possible. Our Son LOVED his Strider Bike and we wanted to pass on that joy. Our first "project" is focused on toddlers and we are partnered with Strider bikes. So far we have donated 45 Strider bikes to hospitals, Physical Therapists and children in need.
You can learn more about us at: www.axelproject.com
Randy Charrette

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94