in cab heaters?

jatibb

Adventurer
heater core has gone again, really dont want to replace again. anyone know of a good electric in cab heater that actually works? 91 range rover classic...thanks

highdesertranger

Adventurer
if you are having problems with your factory cores go to your radiator guy and have him build you one. this is what I did for ill fitting replacements that led to early failure. highdesertranger

bfdiesel

Explorer
A coat, hat and gloves out preform 12v heaters anyday, lacking on the defrost though. Find a good radiator shop and as said above.

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
Yeah... Electric isn't going to do compared to waste engine heat. Although I did some research when I bought my truck as we were actually getting some frost on the windshield (yes... It CAN get that chilly in the greater L.A. area of Southern California!) and my diesel will NOT warm up sitting and idling. So I bought a Harbor Freight heater. As with most things Harbor Freight the reviews vary from "Had mine for years and works like a champ" to "POS blew up in the first 30 seconds"! With a coupon and a sale I got it for $10... Plus a free LED flashlight... Plus an in store survey gave me a coupon for $5 so for $5 it was worth it. It defrost my windshield enough to drive and get real heat into the cab in less than 5 minutes. But in that 5 minutes the air temp in the cab only goes up abut 0.00000001 degrees! LOL! There's no way that little cigarette lighter powered heater is going to keep any cab warm in really cold weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke