6 weeks left... Tree stand?

jscusmcvet

Explorer
We have approx. six weeks of deer season left here in NC (Eastern). I have always been a ground hunter. I am considering putting up a stand or two on the 105 acres I have access to. I hunt primarily rifle, but on Sundays break out the crossbow. The areas I hunt are hilly and hardwoods. I am looking for input on:

1. Is it too late? Will they notice something different?
2. Can you recommend type of stand?
3. Brands, what to look for, etc...

Looks like I will try and purchase and place stand (s) this weekend. I will be away for a week for work and then hunt them the rest of the season. Looking for any advice you can share.

Thanks,

John

762X39

Explorer
I typically put my tree-stands up at least 8 weeks before the season.New stands out of the box, I don't know? The deer and everything else in the woods will notice. Will it matter, maybe not. Go ahead and do it. As the old saying goes, every shot on goal not taken is a miss.Enjoy your hunt.:coffee:

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Well, put up a less expensive ladder stand in one of my favorite spots on the property. I spent last evening out there and really enjoyed it. I did not see anything until almost dark. She was moving uphill and unfortunately, I could not get a shot due to the darkness. Gave me confidence however, that putting up the stand was a good move. I am trying to realign my work schedule to get in some weekday evening hunts.

We'll see.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior