'04 Tundra skinny tires???

pmaster11deg

Would anyone know what size (if any) skinny tires would fit a stock 2004 Tundra dbl cab with 17" rims? I have had 255/85's on a '96 4runner in the past and loved them. I have no interest in lifting it as I carry a roof tent on a rack above the bed (handling) and from my experience with the 4runner, Toyota CV joints just can't handle it (really don't want to have that discussion)...I really just like the look of a skinny tire an am hoping to sort of replicate the look of the old crew cab F250s (early 90's).

There are 255/80/r17's out there but I don't know if they will fit stock suspension. She has 265/70's now

Any related help or links to previous discussions would be greatly appreciated and yes I know that there are Tundra forums out there.

1stDeuce

Explorer
About the best you're gonna do is 235/80R17, which is about the same dia as your 265/70R17, but only comes in load range E. (There's a whole thread here somewhere about 235's.) Also at about the same diameter is 255/75R17's, which are the stock size for a Rubicon JK. They come in load range C, in a few varieties. Anything else is going to be taller and will probably require some trimming/lift if you don't want rubbing.

Good Luck!
Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior