Dewalt Tough System cases

Fzzt

Observer
Read a couple reviews stating they aren't as water tight as they say. Just wondering if anyone's had problems with water getting in?
Thinking of using some of these on my roof rack and a set of pelicans would cost 8x (at least) more than the stuff I plan to put inside them!

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Read a couple reviews stating they aren't as water tight as they say. Just wondering if anyone's had problems with water getting in?
Thinking of using some of these on my roof rack and a set of pelicans would cost 8x (at least) more than the stuff I plan to put inside them!

Well, they only have two latches on one side compared to the Pelican latches on all sides so Pelican is definitely the best. In terms of holding up on your roof rack they will do just fine. I probably just wouldn't leave them lying on their side in 4 inches of water or anything.

AXK

had drove in rain while the case was on the roof rack, no water coming in, don't see how this can happen with the seal and edge of the lid coming over the body, the only place I can see water coming in is from the air valve.
I am quit sure in case you won't close the air valve tight, water could get in.

camodog

Adventurer
I just purchased the xl box today. I am already in love as it allowed me to get rid of two smaller boxes I use for camping. I cant attest to the water proofness yet, but I sure will post again after a few camping trips with these on my roofrack. I plan on getting another XL and L in the near future. If noting else, they are awesome for toolboxes or to store recovery gear

pugslyyy

I just purchased the xl box today. I am already in love as it allowed me to get rid of two smaller boxes I use for camping. I cant attest to the water proofness yet, but I sure will post again after a few camping trips with these on my roofrack. I plan on getting another XL and L in the near future. If noting else, they are awesome for toolboxes or to store recovery gear

LOL welcome to the cheap-*** waterproof container club. :)

camodog

Adventurer
I can say after several camping trips and some real abuse, these boxes are totally worth the price. I now have two, which is perfect for my wife and I. One for kitchen and food, the other for everything else. Both are XL. They have been stood on (I weigh 225lbs) rained on, knocked over, dropped, and everything is great. Great buy

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I agree. Just went on a trip using an L and an XL case. They worked great, and it is no small bonus that they are strong enough to sit or stand on.

camodog

Adventurer
I forgot my camping chair once, and my case was the only thing for me to sit on. If we can bolt a backrest onto it, I may not even need a camping chair. lol

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Heh, yeah the XLs are not bad at all to sit on. When we stopped for lunch I just got out the food XL, got lunch out of it, then sat on it while eating. Didn't even bother breaking out the camp chair.

They are also much better equipped with tie-down points than a Pelican, and stack better too.

pugslyyy

Also looks like Bosch makes a comparable product called the L-BOXX...
View attachment 258095

Yep. Those stackable cases that you can latch together are very nice. The big difference (for me) is that the DeWalt is waterproof with a nice gasket sealing it while the Bosch is 'water resistant'.

If you store them inside it's no biggie, but in the bed of a truck you'll want the DeWalt.

TripLeader

Explorer
The application I have in mind is to use one to store my air compressor in it. I would want the waterproof aspect.
-
Does anyone know the interior dimensions of the DeWalt DS150 small box?
dew.jpg
Specifically the depth? The specs I read online are that it's just over 6 inches, but I assume that's exterior. That would be very close to what I would need, possibly too small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier