Dewalt Tough System cases

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Anybody have any experience with these? They look pretty sturdy and come in a couple of different sizes and seem pretty reasonably priced ($45-60 each). I've just ordered a few to check out.
  • Durable 4mm thick structural foam box wall gives robust structure to the stand alone units
  • Integrated water seal in every unit for protection of contents and long life for your equipment

511HBNCIdPL.jpg

51xdaG+1XML.jpg

SiliconTi

Stuck in the Mud
Looks like they have potential. Please report back when you get them. Interested to know if the internal volume is as large as it looks or if there are ribs and such inside taking up space.

pugslyyy

Looks like they have potential. Please report back when you get them. Interested to know if the internal volume is as large as it looks or if there are ribs and such inside taking up space.

Will do. I came across these quite by accident (shopping for new cordless tools) and thought that they seem nice and have good reviews from the contractors (who would know a thing or two about abusing gear).

They are inexpensive enough that if I don't find them useful for my truck I'll be using them for tool storage in my garage/shop.

motoz

Adventurer
I haven't used those one's though I do use the smaller cases.

I just cut all the internal dividers out with the dremel and use them for tool storage.

du6e6u2a.jpg

9yvupysa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pugslyyy

I haven't used those one's though I do use the smaller cases.

I just cut all the internal dividers out with the dremel and use them for tool storage.

du6e6u2a.jpg

9yvupysa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, interesting - I have a few tool cases (Dewalt and others) that I might be able to make useful again that way. Thanks for the idea!

pugslyyy

Just got mine today. Initial reaction is that this is the Pelican case of tool boxes - at under a third the cost of a Pelican. Same case material, lots of handles, pressure relief valve, etc.

madmax718

Explorer
I have been using them for about a year. They are rock solid. I stand on mine all the time. THey are damn tough. the latches are a bit tougher to use than the pellicans. The top handle will hold water on some models The Large boxes (and I think the med) have slots for all kindas of gear- knives, fork, etc. The possible best part is if your handy, you can buy the rails that come on the cart, and integrate that into your truck. This way you can slide everything out, but still locked in place. I thought I had more use for the boxes in my truck, but I've been trying to downsize everything.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I have an old Dewalt cordless tool case I found while dumpster-diving at work a few years ago. I may have to come up with something like that.

AXK

I've been using the Dewalt Tough System cases for quit some time. I love it.
It's durable and in just the right size.

Since these cases connect one to the other, I use the next setup: I have the XL case always in the back for 'must have' tools and stuff. In case more storage space needed i just connect another case size L on top of the other.
Now,The best thing is, I manage to get a hold of just the lid of the case and I bolted it to the upper surface of the drawers system, it acts as a docking station for the case, that way every thing sits tightly and goes nowhere and in case i need to take the case out 2 clicks and the case is free form the docking.

here is a pic of my setup:
09-13-27_182.jpg

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
...I manage to get a hold of just the lid of the case and I bolted it to the upper surface of the drawers system, it acts as a docking station for the case...

Not that is slick. Smart thinking!

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Hmmm. Those do look more critter resistant than the Rubbermaid totes I've been using. Might need to get one for dry foods storage if nothing else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94