• O.D Green as I live in the great NorthWest

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Khaki Tan as it is an earth tone color

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badlands

The American West
I'm putting some better ideas together utilizing another trailer I built last summer, I sold that one and am starting a new and better build, the old unit was a service bed on its stock truck frame with a gutted axle, I didn't like the way it was built so I searched for a better base platform to start my build on, I did learn a lot from the first build as to what I wanted and what I finally ended up with is a better service bed trailer on a heavy duty custom built frame with a real trailer axle that has electric brakes. The first thing I did was remove the axle backing plates and flip the axel for a lift and a lot better ground clearance. The next thing I did was measure the wheel well in regards to the axle's hub position and then ordered 2 satin black bead lock wheels from U.S Wheel, size 15x8 with a 4.75" offset, this would center the wheel perfectly within the wheel well, next I ordered 2 brand new B.F. Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2 tires in size 31x10.50-15 and had them mounted, I repacked the wheel bearings and installed the tire and wheel package, it turned out just as I wanted with the tires inside the wheel wells and centered perfectly, once I was sure it all worked out to my satisfaction I ordered another BFG tire and matching beadlock wheel for a spare. I started sanding the body in preparation for paint. Here is how it looks as of this weekend.
214.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

Badlands

The American West
I went underneath the trailer and measured between the frame to get an idea of what size fresh water tank to order, I ended up ordering an 32" long by 16" wide by 8" deep 18 gallon black ABS tank, after a lot of research I found there were some of the white fresh water tanks for less money but I was looking for a fresh water tank that had baffles so if the trailer suddenly tipped to one side the water would not all rush to that side and cause the trailer to roll over, also the black ABS doesn't grow algae like the white tanks so your water always tastes clean, another benefit is the black ABS tanks don't swell like white poly tanks and you can add a fill or drain connection anywhere on the tank. In as much I ordered a barbed fill connector along with the tank to add it at the best location for the trailer fill. Here is the tank.
212.jpg

I went to Home Depot today and bought some rubber work shop floor mats, the ones that have all the holes in them, I will cut them into strips and lay them in the bottom of the cabinets, that way if anything spills or the compartment leaks for some reason my belongings wont be sitting there getting soaked and it will make for easier clean up of the compartment, it will also give some cushioning and anti slip proprieties to the contents.

209.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior