off road teardrop build and introduction

Hey all my name is Matt Lingeman I am a teardrop builder out of Sierra Madre CA. I have built several on road trailers but this will be my first off road trailer. Mario at AT is building the chassis, which I hear his are just beautiful, and I will be building the cabin. Its will be a 5x10 with a nice package of options. While building the cabin isn't so much the off road part of the trailer it will have a much more industrial feel than the trailers I am used to and it is were I feel I excel at being as I have a 15year background in cabinetry. So stay tuned! You can have a look here at some of my past work and my background sierramadrecabinetco.com sierramadreteardroptrailers.com Thanks for looking!

crismateski

American Adventurist
Hey all my name is Matt Lingeman I am a teardrop builder out of Sierra Madre CA. I have built several on road trailers but this will be my first off road trailer. Mario at AT is building the chassis, which I hear his are just beautiful, and I will be building the cabin. Its will be a 5x10 with a nice package of options. While building the cabin isn't so much the off road part of the trailer it will have a much more industrial feel than the trailers I am used to and it is were I feel I excel at being as I have a 15year background in cabinetry. So stay tuned! You can have a look here at some of my past work and my background sierramadrecabinetco.com sierramadreteardroptrailers.com Thanks for looking!

I was actually just looking at your craigslist ad yesterday. I am not ready to buy, but saved the information for when I am

4player

very nice, cant wait to see what you do. My wife and I plan on building an offroad teardrop also this summer.

gabepari

Explorer
very nice, cant wait to see what you do. My wife and I plan on building an offroad teardrop also this summer.

HA! Never thought anyone actually lived in Puyallup :) That has got to be my favorite town name. Every time I drive through there I spend the next 45 minutes muttering it to myself, wondering how is SUPPOSED to be pronounced.

luk4mud

Explorer
The advantage and disadvantage of waiting for my frame to be built is that I keep bugging Matt with ideas you guys come up with for me ....

Met with Matt on Saturday, he is building 2 on road trailers in his driveway right now. Lookin' good.

Awesome! Good for you! It will be a great experience building it together, I know these little trailers have brought me and wife and girls closer, they all love getting involved and giving their input on what they'd like in it. It will definitely be a blessing! Happy to help with anything you might need when you get to that point

Glenn D

Observer
I have thought of building a Teardrop for a few years, however my Dear Wife has other ideas.. like finishing the house first!... living in Temple City I may have to stop by and see what you have going on Matt, and be pained at not having the time to make one too.... I have seen some of your adds in C'list, and wondered about stopping in to look, making an offroad trailer is just that more reason to say "Hi"... and have my wife take a look. Maybe then she would be interested....

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
I have thought of building a Teardrop for a few years, however my Dear Wife has other ideas.. like finishing the house first!... living in Temple City I may have to stop by and see what you have going on Matt, and be pained at not having the time to make one too.... I have seen some of your adds in C'list, and wondered about stopping in to look, making an offroad trailer is just that more reason to say "Hi"... and have my wife take a look. Maybe then she would be interested....

The trick is to make it sound like it's "for her." My wife thinks I made it for her to have a more comfortable bed when we camp!:coffeedrink:

Hey Glenn, you are welcome to stop by anytime brother, just give me a heads up, would be happy to have you over!

luk4mud

Explorer
The trick is to make it sound like it's "for her." My wife thinks I made it for her to have a more comfortable bed when we camp!:coffeedrink:

Exactly! My wife had two requests when we started the "what if" discussions- she wants a built in heater and wants a sink. As the design phase has progressed, the current iteration has ... no heater and no sink? And that is all you guys fault, I am glad to say. I showed her multiple posts on here about how warm these things sleep (now she's worried about being hot) and the utter uselessness of the little sinks. So no heater and no sink, and she is pretty sure that both of those are her ideas, and is happy about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94