Good starter or not?

Stegerman

First off, thanks for all the knowledge and inspiration on this site. I have a lot to learn. I've been bitten by the expedition trailer bug but don't have a bunch of cash for my first build. Honestly, I know so little I'd rather use what I have around and learn before investing the money in the real deal. I don't need it for rock crawling, just fire roads and some low level offroad.

I have a 4x6 homemade trailer built on a Jeep axle that I picked up for $150 a few years ago. It has a a C channel tongue, and the frame is all angle iron. The bed is individual sheets of aluminum bolted to the frame with stainless bolts. It has a tailgate that isn't on currently but just needs some hinges. I have to reinforce the tongue regardless of what I decide as far as a expedition build.

I have attached some pictures to help with the visual. My question is, is it worth putting a little money and a lot of time in to this trailer or am I better off saving up my pennies, reading some more and getting a better starter. I'm not sure whether a rooftop tent is in the near or far future, but I like the idea and would like to consider one on this trailer.

Any and all thoughts and comments are welcome (I have pretty thick skin).

Thanks

Sorry the pictures are wonky, I can't figure out why they went sideways and upside down after I uploaded them.

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 14
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 13
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 13

Forum statistics

Threads