richard310's 04 Xterra

stioc

Expedition Leader
Richard, you and your truck did great. You're also spot on with the lessons learned! Keep an eye out for a Cleghorn trail run...don't miss it.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Looks like an awesome trail. And it's a good thing you had such a great group. Made it back alive + lessons learned = success!

richard310

pew pew
Richard, you and your truck did great. You're also spot on with the lessons learned! Keep an eye out for a Cleghorn trail run...don't miss it.

:) Thanks stioc! I hope to get my axle replaced by the time Cleghorn comes up... that's if I don't get lazy from now till then.

Looks like an awesome trail. And it's a good thing you had such a great group. Made it back alive + lessons learned = success!

Being among these guys was the best part of the trail run. It was definitely quite successful!

richard310

pew pew
Well, looks like I'll be taking another road trip up to Colorado on the weekend of September 6-7 for Tough Mudder. I missed out last year due to work and was out $250 since I couldn't get out of work, and my friend in Boulder has been on my *** about it since then. I'm planning on missing my Krav Maga class Thursday and head out that morning and hope to get back into town the following Monday evening. I'll most likely be camping the first night on the way up and the last night on the way home to offset the cost of gas. A hotel will be most welcomed at the destination. This will most likely be my first solo trip over 1000 miles if my girlfriend isn't able to get work off for the planned duration.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Nice, any plans to run any trails. There're some awesome ones in CO!

Krav Maga, Tough Mudder, AR in the avatar...note to self 'bring Richard along on the future back country trips!' :coffee:

richard310

pew pew
Nice, any plans to run any trails. There're some awesome ones in CO!

Krav Maga, Tough Mudder, AR in the avatar...note to self 'bring Richard along on the future back country trips!' :coffee:

Not sure if I want to take that chance to do any offroading out there but I might just do a mild trail or two depending on campsite locations. I've seen some small trip reports out there in the southwestern portion of CO and it looks amazing. I missed out on a chance to use my aunt's timeshare in Telluride this year... bummed out but there's always next year if they need to fill in slots.

Heheh I always travel prepared for whatever can come my way, especially on long trips. ;) Over-prepped beats pants down anyday,

richard310

pew pew
Finally had the time to replace the damaged driverside CV axle. (O'Reilly's special for $75 since I needed it same day). Took longer than I had planned since I had to remove the tie rod end and the shock. Popped the new axle in and now if it fails on me again, it'll be that much easier and quicker to change. No more hitting the brakes when spinning in place.

I picked up a pair of Hella Rallye 1000 Black Magics off another member and installed them on the front bumper. Drilled right into the front bumper support and it mounted right up after some cutting and drilling. Haven't wired them up yet since I'm too beat. So now there won't be a shortage of lighting up front.

I've been slowly planning my solo Colorado trip and the route will be similar to when I last went up with the girlfriend. I may take the long way home and stop in SF to visit a friend depending on timing. There's a deal from the same guy I got the rear bumper swingout for some Shrock bolt-on sliders. I might be coming back with some extras again if he still has it by the time I get up there. I'm getting more excited since this will be my first time camping solo on a long trip. I'm hoping the Xterra's up for the trip again.

richard310

pew pew
Replaced my starter last weekend. Truck fires right up with no hesitation. A little bit of a pain to remove 2 bolts and unplug a harness. After bruising my elbow, banging up both kneecaps on the underside of the truck, and a sore neck, the starter popped right in. Hella Black Magics are all wired up with new yellow H2 bulbs. Next thing is a portable compressor, the MV50. Hopefully I can pick up some Shrockworks sliders from the same member in CO that I got my rear bumper from.

Well so far my plans are to stay in Capitol Reef NP at the Cathedral Valley campground on Thursday night; Explore the area the next morning then head into Snowmass Village, CO around Friday evening to meet my friend for Tough Mudder. We'll be hotel-ing it Friday through Sunday afternoon, then the trip back home. I haven't decided what I'll be doing Sunday night through Tuesday evening, but the latter half of Tuesday will be spent heading home.

Planning to camp for two nights (Sunday and Monday nights) on the way home somewhere in Utah or even on the west side of Colorado. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind some light offroading to get there, but nothing nutty.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Sounds like some good mods and a great trip. While you're in CO, you might as well go up pikes peak,and check out the garden of the gods. As far as eastern Utah, there's Moab of course, but also tons of moderate-nice trails. I would highly suggest arches national park, or canyon lands national park.

richard310

pew pew
Sounds like some good mods and a great trip. While you're in CO, you might as well go up pikes peak,and check out the garden of the gods. As far as eastern Utah, there's Moab of course, but also tons of moderate-nice trails. I would highly suggest arches national park, or canyon lands national park.

Thanks. I just picked up an MV50 from OReillys with a $10 off coupon. Just under $80. Nutty how much it is now compared to 5years ago.

I've stayed at Arches on my last trip out there. It was definitely beautiful and fun. I might try Canyon Lands or even Bryce. Good one on Pikes Peak. I'll have to check out where it is exactly and see if I'll have time.

Allof75

Pathfinder
I like my MV a lot, glad to hear you got one. And definitely worth the trip to PP. Very famous views and driving on a real cliff hanger. There's also engineer pass, though I believe that is in eastern CO.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Engineer pass is down in the south west corner of colorado... Just beware if you go to Ouray and Telluride... You wont want to leave haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier