Jacks down while still on truck?

gingerK

Question: I saw a pic somewhere that had the camper jacks down while the TC was on the truck while camping. Is this ok or a big no no? I'm assuming it might have been an attempt to help reduce the amount of rocking while folks are going in and out of the TC?

takesiteasy

Adventurer
x2 on the comment about not using the jacks to level the truck. Most folks take the jacks off when traveling. Catching one on a rock or tree root could serious damage to the camper. We have never found the rocking of the truck to be a problem. We use the yellow plastic leveling blocks to level the truck. I have small bubble level gauges attached to the camper at the drivers front corner. Over time I have learned how many blocks are needed where to move the bubbles to level, side to side and front to back. Easy.

mkish

Adventurer
If you detach the tiedowns from the truck, I think it's okay to level with the jacks, IF you have a camper that can be used while on the jacks. But yeah, don't level the truck/camper combo with the jacks.

We use blocks, but have leveled with the jacks when we forgot the blocks. Our camper is usable without additional support so we figured it was okay. Just embarrassing. :)

gingerK

Thanks. I figured it was just to help keep the whole thing a bit more stable. Since we're not too bothered by the small amount our camper rocks I think I'll just forgo this practice. But it's good to know about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles