James Baroud Carbon Fiber Camper

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
43k is ridiculous. I can buy an XP Camper for that. Loaded too.

Or the new setup rumored to be in the skunkworks at Ursa Minor :drool:

kb7our

Explorer
43k is ridiculous. I can buy an XP Camper for that. Loaded too.

Or the new setup rumored to be in the skunkworks at Ursa Minor :drool:

Heard a similar "rumor" about a possible new unit/configuration. Do tell! Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
Interesting. The expense comes from the word "carbon fiber." Not really a good use of carbon fiber, not much of an advantage to justify the extra cost for a flip-pac style canopy. Now if were talking a carbon/Kevlar offshore race hull vs fiberglass then there are huge advantages..... but trying to sell the advantages in a truck camper to justify the cost? Don't see that being a big seller but some people will have to have it. Just my 02.

Cam-shaft.

Last edited:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
on the CF thing,, to be honest i'd rather have a completely aluminum flippac to the fiberglass one.

the wasp

Observer
The Carbon achievements are super light with empty weight 191lbs,but very expensive....
special discount Valloire 39000 €.=53809$
thread French Forum with this discount and others designings
http://vta.asso.fr/spip.php?article380

read on French forum of a owner:

http://www.casa-trotter.com/phpBB3/cellule-carbone-james-baroud-t4760.html
It would seem difficult to close the camper at the 1st time. The roof would position wrong.You must be absolutely flat.

Sorry for my English school

Catherine

Last edited:

Keyne

Adventurer
I like the interior layout. Seems like most of it could be built in a Flippac with reasonable skill.

Clutch

<---Pass
What tent material do they use?

i dont like it,,,, i dont like the built-in cabinet stuff, i dont like the floor being as high as the truck bed rails, massive storage space under floor??,, i dont like the small entry door and i dont like a motor going out on me while deployed, but there must be a back up manual mode at that price. the only thing i like is the tent.

the thing i like most about the flip is that its a bare shell, i am a very modular person and i can still use my truck bed with the flip on it.

we think similar...I like multi-use products.

I would like to do modular build-ins for camping, something I could pull in or out in under 10 minutes...something that is latched in.

maybe not this exact latch, but...seeing my vision here?

242578d1146271697-4-runner-swing-away-spare-tire-carrier-photos-2006_0428image0010.jpg

on the CF thing,, to be honest i'd rather have a completely aluminum flippac to the fiberglass one.

GR TravelTops

DSCF6572_1598x1200.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior