1972 Chevy C-20 Truck

SafariPacific

Adventurer
Thanks Lance! Yeah, it'll be back on the road pretty soon. Got the truck back together this weekend. So its only a small tune up and new tires left.

I'll own this truck til I die...lol. Its crazy to think I still have the truck I drove in High School, but I can't see myself selling it. I like it too much. It reminds me of my grandpa's truck, my great grandpa's carryall (suburban), not to mention me and my dad did the initial restoration together. Just having the truck fire up this weekend made my year! I still have a grin ear to ear...lol. Finally something is going right after the last few years of hell...lol

SafariPacific

Adventurer
I got the engine all back together. My brother rebuilt the Holley 4bbl carb for me. So its all pretty much a new top end.

007.jpg

In my excitement for getting ready to fire the truck up I sliced my finger pretty good. Down to the bone. The funny part is my nick name for my nieces and nephews is Uncle Nubs. Apparently I was trying to live up to my name...lol. I ended up getting 6 stitches and a tetanus shot.

008.jpg

After getting back from the hospital I picked up my mess and called it a night. Kept getting light headed. The cut was a gusher. I would post a pic of my sink after cleanup, but I don't think it would go over too well...lol

Saturday morning I poured fuel into the fuel line at the carb to prime the manual pump and put 5 gallons in the main tank. Then I gave it a crank. Fired up first try! I adjusted the timing by feel, checked fluids, let the motor get to 180 deg and run for a bit. Then I took the truck for a spin after almost 3 years of being parked. Freaking awesome! I need to get a timing light to set the timing better and a new set of tires and it'll be good to go.

009.jpg

SafariPacific

Adventurer
Its been a long time since I've updated my thread. Truck has been my daily driver now since I got it back running. So far I've redone the drive shaft, carrier bearing, rotors, brakes and a few other fixes. I tossed on some 35" tires along with 17" H2 rims. Changed the seat out also. Still trying to work out exactly how I want to build the truck up. Thinking of a custom made cab height camper shell now.

20141228.jpg

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Nice! One of our work trucks when I was an electrician was a '72, with those crazy bigass I-beams for the rear suspension and coil springs on all four corners. When the company retired it, I bought from them.

Of all the vehicles I've owned, that is by far my favorite dashboard and gauge cluster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior