Christini Technologies two-wheel-drive mountain bike, XT/Mavic UST build

Andy FitzGibbon

Regretfully putting my Christini 2WD mountain bike up for sale. Don't want to let it go, but I haven't been riding much, and need cash for a construction project.

This is the "XC" 4 inch travel model, size medium. Some details and geometry measurements are on Christini's site: http://www.christinibicycles.com/bikes-fullsus.php The front wheel drive can be disengaged using a shifter mounted on the handlebars

I did the build myself, using Christini's frame kit and the following components:
Christini AWD frame and all related components
White Brothers Magic 100 air sprung fork (custom for Christini AWD) with IMV damping
Fox RP23 rear shock
Christini front hub, Shimano XT rear hub
Shimano XT (9 speed) cranks, bottom bracket, derailleurs, shifters, and cassette
Hayes Nine hydraulic brakes with 8" rotors
Mavic X819 UST tubeless rims with Continental Vertical UST 2.3 tires
Titec 31.8 riser bars, Thomson seatpost, Giant stem and saddle, ODI Oury lock-on grips

I have some extra parts for the all wheel drive system, including gear sets, clutch parts, and driveshafts, which I will include.

The bike rides great, and the two wheel drive system actually works. Using it to its full potential requires some getting used to, but after riding with it for a while it becomes second nature. I had the bike set up to pull a BOB trailer for camping- see the photo- which is why I have the Hayes brakes (which are very powerful) and the 8" rotors on there. Having the front wheel driven worked great for pulling the loaded trailer in slippery conditions.

$2500, shipping in the lower 48 included in that. Email (andrew.f@wildblue.net) or send a PM if interested. I will give it a full tune up before shipping it out.

Thanks,
Andy

IMG_1973%20%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_1974%20%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_1975%20%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_1976%20%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_1977%20%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_1978%20%28Large%29.JPG

chrisBOB.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members