1989 ambulance

chrisquested

Observer
I got a 1989 E350 ambulance runs an drives great paid $1,300 for it plan on stripping it and using it as a tow rig for my jeep and a camper found a lot of good ideas from this site and plan on getting more ideas.

So far I am going to paint it military green, put solar, generator, and wood stove, also plan on putting fresh water holding tank, tankless water heater, outside shower, and hopefully some sort of 4x4 conversion.

Any ideas or help would be great also any floor plan ideas!

Last edited:

chrisquested

Observer
So far today this is what I got done I will finish cleaning out the rest of the stuff clean out all the wiring I can then rebuild

Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
You meant business, is that a sledge hammer I see on the floor? Hahaha!

Will you remove that insulation and replace it with foam panels? I think it would be a cheap safety net if you ever have a leak plus it insulates better.

Good luck with your project, they are a great platform to start with!

Cheers
Mr. D

chrisquested

Observer
yea I am going to pretty much take every thing out to where its bare walls and wires, Then I will start cleaning out all the old wires once that's is dnoe I will insulated with the foam boards.

Now I still don't know anything about this electrical stuff so I am just going to follow it 1 wire at a time....Good thing my brother n law worked and mothers and custom sounds lol.

Yes that is a sledge hammer all the cabinets unbolted and came out pretty easy, but the bottoms ones needed a little "Nudge"

Last edited:

chrisquested

Observer
So I decided to throw some ribs on the pit and while they was cooking I started to mess around with the ambulance a little bit and this is what I got done.

So it looks like I am just going to use my little razor blade and scrape the whole ambulance of all the paint and then I will remove all lights and paint them.

bdog1

Adventurer
"use my little razor blade and scrape the whole ambulance"

Man! Your fingers are gonna hurt!

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

chrisquested

Observer
Sold this ambulance and ended up getting a 1984 m1010 with 42k original miles thing runs great!

Check it out got a build thread on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles