What is the most inspiring over landing trip you have been on?

gboone

Hey there,
Im new to EP and am interested in planning an epic overlanding trip with a RTT. I just want to hear from some experienced campers who have used RTT's who want to share any of their epic journeys.
Cheers!

mph

Expedition Leader
My limited experience...UTAH...So much country so much diversity...

if you are flying solo, sleep out under the stars! You won't regret it!

A few places...
Maze
Cedar Mesa
Canyonlands
Cap. Reef and Burr Trail
Grand Staircase
Zion
Robbers Roost
San Rafael

These places...You could spend years exploring and enjoying...So, enjoy:)

Hey there,
Im new to EP and am interested in planning an epic overlanding trip with a RTT. I just want to hear from some experienced campers who have used RTT's who want to share any of their epic journeys.
Cheers!

rblackwell

Adventurer
Siberia, Georgia and Tajikistan in Asia

Morocco in North Africa

:)

Ditto - The Pamir region of Tajikistan ... Mongolia .. the highlands of Peru and Bolivia.

FWIW - We met a group of well travelled South African motocyclists in Bolivia and they claimed that SW Bolivia was the "best" motorcycling anywhere in the world.

4x4tripping

Adventurer
IMG_1181.JPG

The world we life in.. Each country has his beautiful facets - just open your eyes :)

Overlanding lets you slow down, let you see more than usual - also around your home town...

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
275 miles in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco on a mountain bike. That was awesome. I'd do that one again tomorrow.

Four months and 22,000 miles driving from Alaska to Mexico and hitting every state and Canadian province west of the Divide. We hit 23 ski areas and put in more than 75 days on the skis. Many would lump that into the realm of "road tripping," but it was kick ***.

redruby

My advice stay off the main roads and do only secondary highways and ask the locals what to do and see in the area, it has never failed me. RTT will do fine for you in all kinds of weather.

Maverick1701

Adventurer
My advice stay off the main roads and do only secondary highways and ask the locals what to do and see in the area, it has never failed me. RTT will do fine for you in all kinds of weather.

^ this is graet advice. When I am out travelling on the motorbike I set my GPS to "avoid highways". I get see a lot of cool places that are off the beaten path....and most people never experience while driving on the major roadways.

mph

Expedition Leader
Yes....that would be kick ***! Awesome. Got any details? Trip report?

275 miles in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco on a mountain bike. That was awesome. I'd do that one again tomorrow.

Four months and 22,000 miles driving from Alaska to Mexico and hitting every state and Canadian province west of the Divide. We hit 23 ski areas and put in more than 75 days on the skis. Many would lump that into the realm of "road tripping," but it was kick ***.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles