Replacement cummins parts question

Luckychase5

Adventurer
I was wondering if anyone had replaced any parts on their cummins with anything from RockAuto I have had good luck with them on parts for my Taco and Jeeps, just wondering if I should expect the same from these other parts. I need a new waterpump and thermostat and was looking at their site, great price just wondering about the quality. Thank for any input

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Get the parts directly from Cummins......

I have already put my input here so no need to repeat myself, but what this guy said X2! Look, Rockauto is a great parts site, no question, but with Cummins stuff, go to the dealer. The xtra $$ is worth it.

98dango

Expedition Leader
In my experience 95% of the parts you buy say cummins on them no matter where you get them. I got a thermostat yesterday from car quest all they did was put the cummins box in the car quest box.

But yes when I can or time permitting I make sure its a cummins part I just don't always go stright there.

qmikep

Depending on the part you can also try Case dealers sometimes they are cheaper than Cummins for the same part.

svt03

You will almost always get genuine Cummins parts cheaper from Peterbilt, Kenworth or a Freightliner dealer. Just bring you engine serial number with you. I work @ Peterbilt and generally sell them for 10-15% over cost as long as your not an arrogant jerk when you come into my store.

Pete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz