Morris Mule Trailers

94Chalet

Does anyone have experience with Morris Mule Trailers? My wife and I bought a Jeep in September and are now looking for a trailer to take camping. It does not have to be a full-on rock crawling off-road trailer but rather something that can handle dirt roads and get us to remote camping spots in the Colorado Rockies. The rack would be used to carry bikes and kayaks. We live in Denver and will probably look at Ruger Trailers but the Morris Mule has a cool rack system, full tail gate, and the lid is split down the middle to open on both sides to form tables. I can't seem to find much info on them so any bit of information will help. Thank you.

morrismule.com

Greg

94Chalet

Thanks Fred. I saw that website too. I was just wondering if anyone on this forum had hands-on experience with one of their trailers.

Morris Burt

I hope it's not bad form to make this post I'm Morris of Morris Mule Trailers and I thank you for the interest in our trailers.

To Greg - What you describe is exactly what we made this trailer for. We should also have out bike rack, which fits into the rear coupler, ready to release soon - however any 2" coupler accessory can be used with our trailers. We should have a dealer in Colorado very soon. I am not a rock-crawler either but you can see a short clip of our trailer behind a Rubicon on a trail near our factory here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpyuctbFC58&noredirect=1

To Lou - I agree the split-top is not the optimal design when water-proofing is the key - but is a necessity for the split table rig. However where they meet in the center we "gutter" one lid and overlap it with the other, add rubber seals to the sides, front and rear. The lids are tightly held in place with thick rubber "Jeep Style" hold downs. The only times I have had water penetrate the seals is when I have used a high pressure hose during a wash. We are adding a single top option and should have it out in March.

Thanks again for your interest and if anyone else has questions post 'em and I'll try to answer'em.

94Chalet

Hello Morris,

I would very much like to see one of your trailers in person. Any idea as to when the Colorado dealer might be up and running??

Greg

sassy gopher

I really like the versatility of this trailer. Seems simple and rugged enough without going overboard just for the wow factor.

Morris Trailer is a beast!!!

I have one and I have the high racks. We run concession stands and have a jeep so it gives me the space that I need. I put my supplies inside and lock the top and then put my burners and big supplies on top and then but my folding tables on the high racks. then sometimes I attach my bbq pit trailer to the bac of the trailer... It looks like a choo choo train all put together but it works for me. Oh and handles very good off road too and on the sands of South Padre. I will take some pics and post them as soon as the F-ing weather clears up.

Bloomer

Anyone else have experience with these trailers? Anyone set one up with a RTT? Curious how this has worked out.

Thanks.

Bloomer

TTT....just curious if anyone else out there can weigh in on these trailers. Think I've narrowed it down to either one of these or a build project. Sure would prefer just buying one if there's one out there at a reasonable price that will support a RTT and is trail worthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles